Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
vitadellajan
vitadellajan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony VAIO W Netbook?

I want to get a netbook for my work and would like to surf on the internet when I'm on public transports, but I don't know much about netbooks, I wonder if you guys could have any recommendations to me please? Which one should I choose? Sony? Samsung? Fujitsu? And where can I buy it for a good price?
vitadellajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Asus, Acer, or HP seem to have the most bang for the buck. I like http://NewEgg.com or http://buy.com.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here are two links to past questions about netbooks. The asus gives great value for the money, 3 usb ports, ability to increase ram easily, (even I did it!) and true 9 hour battery life. Amazon gave free shipping and has a great return policy.

The nano VX cordless mouse works flawlessly without installing all the software...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=netbook

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=netbook

Last edited by desertgrandma; 10-15-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: addendum
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Which Netbook to get kind of depends on what your Usage scenario is going to be, and what features are important to you.

If you are going to do a lot of Typing on it for Work, You need to look for One with a 92-94% Keyboard which makes for a decent typing Experience.

Hp, Lenovo (New S10-2), Dell and Samsung from What I've seen have the best Keyboard's. Asus's and Acers Newer Models have decent ones, but Are not as good as the others.

If Battery life is a key concern then MSI Wind U110 has a claimed Battery life of 15hrs with the 9cell battery. Asus With the eeePC 1101HA Probably has the second best, with a claimed Life of over 11 Hours followed by the 1005HE at around 10hrs. Toshiba NB205-312 has been shown to have 9hrs of battery life in Tests. Samsung's Netbooks, also claim a batter life of 7 hours.

If Size and weight are key, then the Sony P is probably one of the best options. While a bit overpriced, Its Weight (700 Gms) combined with compact dimensions mean that it is a very compact Portable PC. While the battery life and specs are not that great, its a very compact and portable System, which I've personally used .

If Your Looking for a Reasonably powerful system, I'll suggest looking for one with Nvidia's Ion Chipset which will provide better Graphics performance on Notebooks. I Believe Lenovo, Samsung and a few others have announced Netbooks with it which will be shipping soon.

As such, Which one to get is definitely going to very much depend upon what features you price the most. Its a very individual choice, and I'll suggest you checking out reviews on the sites I'm mentioning below.

GottaBeMobile
Notebook Reviews
Liliputting
JK Mobile

For Getting the Best deals, I'll suggest checking out the following
LogicBuy - Which has regular deals and discount coupons.
Lenovo Outlet Store
Dells' Outlet Store

Hope this Helps
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
febsampen
febsampen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Personally, I like Sony the most, go get it and compare the price here: http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Laptops:...168-Brand=sony
Or, if you believe your luck, you can consider join the Lucky Draw competition and get the Sony W netbook here for totally FREE: http://www.dsstyles.com/
febsampen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 AM   #6
ampmarfly
ampmarfly began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
Sony is ok, well, I've just read a review from gizmodo.com and find a review on a very nice and elegant iPhone case there by dsstyles.com, they seem to have a xmas lucky draw promotion there too.
ampmarfly is offline   Reply With Quote