Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
dhylton
dhylton began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Starting off without calibre

calibre looks like a wonderful product; thanks for putting the time and effort into it. so here's my question:

i have a sony prs-505. i started off without calibre, but with a decent number of books on my reader. i then found calibre, which found my reader, and i've used calibre to tag and rename the books directly on the reader. what i would like to do is to backup the reader contents into calibre so that the calibre library is identical to the reader contents.

i can obviously save all files from the reader to disk, then import those into calibre, but all my tags and renaming and such would be lost - or at least that's what i think.

what are my options here?
dhylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not too good I'm afraid. The reader stores book metadata in a separate XML file, there is currently no easy way to transfer the metadata from that file into your calibre library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
dhylton
dhylton began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
so your recommendation is to save to disk, import into calibre, re-do the work, wipe the reader, and re-send to reader?
dhylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yup .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs505 backup