Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
ssummers
ssummers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Duplicate text when turning pages

The first few sentences of the end of a page are showing up at the beginning of the next page. This is only happening with the last few books I've bought from the Sony store. Is this a new feature? I hate it! Anyone know how to stop it? I'm using a PRS-505.
ssummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummers View Post
The first few sentences of the end of a page are showing up at the beginning of the next page. This is only happening with the last few books I've bought from the Sony store. Is this a new feature? I hate it! Anyone know how to stop it? I'm using a PRS-505.
Are you in landscape mode? If so then yes, this is a feature.

Did you recently use the PRSCustomizer to change your font? If so, then you need to force the Reader to re-build the LRF pagination information. You can either delete the cache files manually, or just remove the book files from your device then copy them back on. Note: I'm not sure how custom fonts work with the pre-pagination the Sony software does.

If neither, you might still try removing the books then re-adding them. Something might just have gone wrong with the pagination process this once.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Are you in landscape mode? If so then yes, this is a feature.

Did you recently use the PRSCustomizer to change your font? If so, then you need to force the Reader to re-build the LRF pagination information. You can either delete the cache files manually, or just remove the book files from your device then copy them back on. Note: I'm not sure how custom fonts work with the pre-pagination the Sony software does.

If neither, you might still try removing the books then re-adding them. Something might just have gone wrong with the pagination process this once.
That happened to me when I changed my font in PRSCustomizer.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I am constantly amazed at the number of people who skip Step Four. It flat out tells you the text will be screwed up if you don't reload the books (and update the fonts in the Sony's eBook Library), yet people don't do it and then wonder "Why is my text all screwed up?"... quite puzzling.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
ssummers
ssummers began at the beginning.

Yes, I did change my fonts and yes I did follow step 4, but I got a new computer and didn't think to update the font there. Thanks for the helpful answers, llasram and Lilly.
ssummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummers View Post
Yes, I did change my fonts and yes I did follow step 4, but I got a new computer and didn't think to update the font there. Thanks for the helpful answers, llasram and Lilly.
My apologies for being jaded, but this problem comes up all the time and it's becoming somewhat frustrating. Didn't mean to be unhelpful.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote