Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Sylpheed 2.6.0 for iLiad

Sylpheed is a email client supporting several languages.
I only tested its GUI is working. The operation is quite smooth. I havn't actually setup a mailbox and receive email. Try it yourself.

How to install:
1. unpack the attachment to "programs" dir in your SD/MMC. A dir "sylpheed" will emerge.
2. grab required lib from other software that I released.
3. put xepdmgr contributed by Antartica in the same dir
4. run from contentlister
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-14_090749.png
Views:	548
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	23491   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-14_091753.png
Views:	558
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	23492   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-14_091830.png
Views:	523
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	23493   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-14_091852.png
Views:	493
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	23494   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-14_092032.png
Views:	515
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	23495  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sylpheed.2.6.iliad.bin.zip (2.84 MB, 429 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-13-2009 at 08:21 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi friend, can you please tell us what is the required lib? thank you.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

I don't have the list at hand. I put all libs in a common directory, so that every app can find it. You can find which lib is missing for a particular app by executing ./run.sh in mrxvt, and it will output any missing lib. You can also edit ./run.sh, append a postfix " > msg.out 2>&1" to the line executing sylpheed, and the first missing lib will be printed in "msg.out".
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
renushan
Enthusiast

Friend, I couldn't get mrxvt to work in my ILIAD. Can you tell us what other releases you have made from which I could grab lib files. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #5
renushan
Enthusiast

Please don't bother. I have got the libs from your StarDict release. Thank you.
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Hello ericshliao,

Any idead how much memory Sylpheed eats? The Sylpheed site says it requires '128MB or higher RAM (256MB or higher is recommended)'.

I would like to recevie nd read mail on my Iliad, but it might crash when running out of memory...
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by renushan View Post
Friend, I couldn't get mrxvt to work in my ILIAD. Can you tell us what other releases you have made from which I could grab lib files...
Please try this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33582.
or this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36253

As to the memory issue raised by hansel, to be honest, I don't know. In fact, as I said in the the above post, I am only sure that Sylpheed's GUI is working, and when Sylpheed asked me to create a email account, I did not continue.

Last edited by ericshliao; 01-13-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #8
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: first iLiad V2 (now retired) Kobo touch, samsung galaxy tab
email for iLiad

does not seem to install in my iLiad tried several times...

download whole folder > unpacked in memory divice >memory divice plugged into iLiad>
see the folder in my iLiad but it won 't open...
hapipiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
cze
cze began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear ericshliao,
thank you very much for your port of sylpheed. I would be very happy to try it out. However, I do not succeed. I collected several libraries - your fbreader port however seems not available anymore, unluckily - but end up with:
symbol lockup error: ./lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.o: undefined symbol: g_dgettext
Any clues?
Thank you very much!
cze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #10
ericshliao
Guru

This is the full set of stripped libs of my cross-compile environment when I build sylpheed.
Unpack the attachment, put dir "lib" under directory sylpheed. You may have to modify some variable in run.sh. Many of the libs are not needed for sylpheed. You can remove them to save some space.
Hope it will help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar lib.rar (13.76 MB, 315 views)
Old 07-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
ericshliao
Guru

This is another sylpheed 2.6.0 built by iRex official SDK. It should be working without other libs. I guess it should be better than the previous build.
To install, unpack the attachment and put dir "sylpheed" under /MMC/programs (not sure if working under other path).
Attached Files
File Type: zip sylpheed.zip (3.30 MB, 285 views)
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #12
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Not working here. It blimps the green light for a while, and after it goes back to the contentlister. I only installed the program, no lib or xepdmgr.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #13
ericshliao
Guru

This is Sylpheed 2.7 for iLiad. To install, just unpack the attached package to dir "/MMC/programs" and a dir "sylpheed" will emerge. To execute, navigate your contentlister to dir "/MMC/programs" and click on the Sylpheed icon.
Antartica's Xepdmgr is included in the package. Thanx for his wonderful work.

I built this package with GTK+2.14 and I am using it on my iLiad. Since iLiad's official GTK+ is 2.6, I don't know if it will work on others' iLiad. Normally, Sylpheed should work with GTK+2.6.

If this package does not work on your iLiad, try execute ./run.sh in mrxvt and maybe the error message can help you figure out what's missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2208.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	782.3 KB
ID:	33641  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sylpheed27.zip (3.43 MB, 271 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 08-05-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
./bin/sylpheed: error while loading shared libraries: libgio-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #15
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
./bin/sylpheed: error while loading shared libraries: libgio-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This post should fix your problem: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43&postcount=3