Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Companion prerelease 3.1.1b (Android)

CC prerelease 3.1.1b is available to people who are members of the CC prerelease program.

This prerelease has the following changes:
  • Shorten standard labels in book details to reduce space taken by the first column
  • Fix boolean rows being cut in half in book details when large fonts are being used
  • Fix rare crash when changing the folders where CC is to put books.
  • Support wireless device and content server connections to a local computer when tethering and the phone/tablet is hub. The phone/tablet is acting as the wireless hub.
  • Improvement in connecting as a wireless device in certain more complex network setups, in particular those that use both IPv6 and IPV4.

Related: Changelog and FAQ

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 09-11-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: moved to frontpage
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Was using CC 3.1.1b, told it to move my ePubs from the original folder to somewhere else; at the end of it it left two behind. Any ideas why?
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
  • Shorten standard labels in book details to reduce space taken by the first column
  • Fix boolean rows being cut in half in book details when large fonts are being used
Verified, thanks.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
Was using CC 3.1.1b, told it to move my ePubs from the original folder to somewhere else; at the end of it it left two behind. Any ideas why?
Nope, no idea.

This sounds a bit like what happened to you before where the book scan didn't see all the books in the folder. Is there anything interesting in the CC debug log?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Not sure: I'll just send the logs over then shall I?

I moved the leftover two into the correct folder: on second thought that probably wasn't a good idea. Ack! At least I remember which ones they were though: my copies of Lady Chatterley's Lover and Flowers for Algernon.
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
[/LIST]Verified, thanks.
This was one of the things I was really interested in too. :thumbup:
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not sure: I'll just send the logs over then shall I?
Can't hurt.
Quote:
I moved the leftover two into the correct folder: on second thought that probably wasn't a good idea. Ack! At least I remember which ones they were though: my copies of Lady Chatterley's Lover and Flowers for Algernon.
Assuming that these are the only two missing books, turning on scan should find those two books without costing you days of scan time.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin

Just sent you the logs, chaley.

As an aside: CC 3.1.1 seems to have been writing its log into where I set up my default books folder: /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Books. It wasn't until I sent you the debug log did I realise that CC 3.1.1b seems to have gone back to writing its log in the folder /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion. I took a look again at my settings and somehow the default folder is back to /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion/

Not sure what's happening here: I changed the ePub default location from my default /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Books/ to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Books/ePub, and expected it to keep my previous settings, and it's now suddenly back to /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion as default, though I didn't change it. Only time I've been into the settings was yesterday before changing my ePub location, and I don't remember consciously changing the default folder at the time.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just sent you the logs, chaley.
Thanks. Unfortunately none of those logs have the book scan in them. But they do show another problem with date formatting that I will fix.
Quote:
As an aside: CC 3.1.1 seems to have been writing its log into where I set up my default books folder: /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Books. It wasn't until I sent you the debug log did I realise that CC 3.1.1b seems to have gone back to writing its log in the folder /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion. I took a look again at my settings and somehow the default folder is back to /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion/

Not sure what's happening here: I changed the ePub default location from my default /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Books/ to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Books/ePub, and expected it to keep my previous settings, and it's now suddenly back to /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion as default, though I didn't change it. Only time I've been into the settings was yesterday before changing my ePub location, and I don't remember consciously changing the default folder at the time.
The only way I can see where the folders can change without you changing them is to reset the app.

IIRC some time ago you said you were going to experiment with moving specific formats to specific folders instead of using the default for one of them (epub?). Perhaps that is what you did instead of changing the default?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately none of those logs have the book scan in them. But they do show another problem with date formatting that I will fix.
The only way I can see where the folders can change without you changing them is to reset the app.

IIRC some time ago you said you were going to experiment with moving specific formats to specific folders instead of using the default for one of them (epub?). Perhaps that is what you did instead of changing the default?
Uhm, yeah, that's what I did intend to do, and did-- change storage for epubs to that specific folder. Not sure how the setting for the default folder gotchanged, since I don't recall actually changing that setting.