Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
swinejelly
swinejelly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5/touch
Kindle 5 root access

Sorry to bother the forum with what's probably a simple issue. I'm trying to get shell access to my kindle 5/Touch and have been following the example on the wiki. Right now my device is jailbroken and I've installed USBnetworking, which I can toggle on and off. However, I don't know how to connect to the device once it's in networking mode. When I connected it to my Windows 7 PC via USB it said that it successfully installed the RNDIS driver. I also tried to install the INF file in the instructions but it gives me a "the inf file you selected does not support this method of installation" error when I try to install it. I've tried connecting to it using just the IP address "192.168.15.244" but no luck. Can anyone provide some guidance to me?

I also have cygwin installed if it helps, and I could use a linux computer if I needed to.

Thanks.
swinejelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
swinejelly
swinejelly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5/touch
I received some help from a friend and no longer need assistance. Feel free to lock or delete this thread.

If anybody wants to know I needed to go to Network connections and set the IP address for my kindle device.
swinejelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sudo ifconfig usb0 192.169.15.201

IIRC

on windows - in settings menu for connection

Last edited by twobob; 10-09-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: not -if at all
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
what is the "-if"? it works fine for me without it
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
fixed
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Ah. That makes sense
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote