Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
mixdcrysy
mixdcrysy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Edited HTMLZ, now how do I reimport into Calibre?

I used the HTMLZ export on an epub (for future converting to mobi). I unzipped in WINRAR and edited the html file. Now, I am lost on how to import this back into calibre.

If I ire-zip to ZIP and import, I get an error that does not convert. If I change the ZIP file ext to .htmlz, my epub output file has a page break at each sentence. If I import into Mobicreator, it does the same thing.

Did I mess up the files when I edited the unzipped html file? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
mixdcrysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Scimmia
Scimmia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2nd Gen
Just import the html file, Calibre will rezip it itself.
Scimmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
mixdcrysy

Thank you! I do apologize for not trying the simplest solution before posting. I reimported only the html file I edited and it worked... But the new file gave me a page break after each sentence. I haven't figured out what went wrong during the editing in word to make that happen. Maybe its something I did in word. I deleted some characters (&>¿°] that seemed to be all over the document.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
The best way to do what you want to do is to use tweak book option in the right click menu. Once you are done editing the html file press rebuild book and you should be able to convert that file. Word is the worst possible app for editing html file. I would recommend using something like notepad++. If you are uncomfortable editing html code then I would recommend using sigil the epub editor instead of messing around with html files and edit the epub directly before converting to mobi.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
mixdcrysy

Thank you Dopeldangel! You were absolutely correct. Word is an atrocious html editor. I found using openoffice writer solved the 3,000 page break dilemma. I an looking into sig as we speak. That program may resolve my editing anxiety *fingers crossed* Thanks again! This forum rocks!
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
If you are uncomfortable editing html code then I would recommend using sigil the epub editor instead of messing around with html files and edit the epub directly before converting to mobi.
Except that Sigil breaks up the file in umpteen html files, which is a pain in the fundament when you want to do a global search and replace for instance to remove headers or page numbers that have been left in the original PDF file.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolgiati View Post
Except that Sigil breaks up the file in umpteen html files, which is a pain in the fundament when you want to do a global search and replace for instance to remove headers or page numbers that have been left in the original PDF file.
Sigil doesn't do that. It doesn't change the file structure unless you ask it to. And it does support global search and replace. I generally do these sort of changes in Sigil rather than during the converson.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, editing, htmlz, importing