Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #46
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
Publisher’s Weekly: “Bleeding Edge” by David Kipen
This one's great. Love this:

Quote:
The plot's dizzying profusion of murder suspects plays like something out of early Raymond Chandler, under whose bright star Bleeding Edge unmistakably unreels. Shoals of red herrings keep swimming by, many of them never seen again. Still, reading Pynchon for plot is like reading Austen for sex. Each page has a little more of it than the one before, but you never quite get to the clincher.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #47
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
grannygrumpy

Ok, you guys are having too much fun on the weekends. This merriment must cease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Potato Pile: seems not to be as universal as I thought it was, but basically a children's game/prank where someone yell's "potato pile!" and proceeds to fall down on someone and form a pile on them (much to the bottom person's chagrin).
Where I grew up, we called it "Monkey Pile".

I do like what little Pynchon I've read, (I have only read "V" and a few short stories) but it was a long time back. This one sounds good.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 09-30-2013 at 01:19 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #48
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
I finished it yesterday and really like it. I agree with doubleshuffle about Pynchon going soft—sorry, “getting better and better at [...] heartbreaking melancholy” is what I meant, of course. I still prefer his more epic tomes, but this was great, nevertheless.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote