Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #2116
duckblaster
duckblaster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fanfiction's new date format is an improvement, the long numbers in the data-xutime properties of the spans surrounding the dates are unix timestamps (number of seconds since 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z)
On a different note, I am working on a program that allows searching/browsing metadata and checking for new/changed chapters as well as downloading stories, maybe some system can be set up to share easy(er) to edit adapters?

Last edited by duckblaster; 11-13-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #2117
TwiFanfictionRec
TwiFanfictionRec began at the beginning.

Hi, will this enable us to continue downloading from the site? If so, how do I update the plug-in from this zip?

Sorry, I'm new to this :-)
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #2118
duckblaster
duckblaster began at the beginning.

I may have a go later today/tomorrow (3:30am is not a good to time), my 5 minute attempt failed and I can't figure out why right now.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #2119
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
I know that everyone seems to be aware, but I wanted to copy the error I was getting on here so that you were aware of the other errors that are posting

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
time data '8m ago' does not match format '%m-%d-%y'
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9261714/1/
Old 11-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #2120
Feynor
Enthusiast
Feynor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. with Moon Reader+ and Google Books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckblaster View Post
Fanfiction's new date format is an improvement, the long numbers in the data-xutime properties of the spans surrounding the dates are unix timestamps (number of seconds since 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z)
On a different note, I am working on a program that allows searching/browsing metadata and checking for new/changed chapters as well as downloading stories, maybe some system can be set up to share easy(er) to edit adapters?
That is one thin I'll let Jim look at. For now I've made another temporary build solving (I hope) the other issue with "x[m|h] ago"

The timestamp is a good idea though.

Last edited by Feynor; 11-13-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #2121
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynor View Post
That is one thin I'll let Jim look at. For now I've made another temporary build solving (I hope) the other issue with "x[m|h] ago"

The timestamp is a good idea though.
Everybody calm down--I'm working on it.

And I agree with duckblaster--I'm not even going to try to parse the human readable date. The timestamp dates give us more information than we had before.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #2122
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Attached is the 'official' test version for the Nov 13 fanfiction.net date changes.

Note that this version defaults to using the published and updated time as well as date now. And the date time should appear in your own timezone.

If, for whatever reason, you don't like the times on published/updated, go into personal.ini and add:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
datePublished_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
dateUpdated_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
That will stop outputting the time.

For the users who posted their own fixes, please remember to go back and delete them later. We don't need to clutter the forum's DB with outdated files.

UPDATE Nov 16, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-16-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #2123
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Attached is the 'official' test version for the Nov 13 fanfiction.net date changes.
FanFictionDownLoader.zip (698.8 KB, 12 views)
Okay, I see people are downloading it. But I'm not going to release it for general use until I see at least a few people saying 'Yes, it works'.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #2124
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Okay, I see people are downloading it. But I'm not going to release it for general use until I see at least a few people saying 'Yes, it works'.

Worked as expected, including the date/time exception for personal.ini which you noted above.

Thank you!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #2125
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Quote:
Downloaded and installed.

26 fics updated without any problem.

Thank you for your prompt action
Old 11-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #2126
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.54 - 13 Nov 2013
  • Fix for fanfiction.net more changes.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #2127
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Works for me (tested 'metadata only', then 'update epub always' on a 4-chapter, 11K words story).

A weird thing (not a FFDL issue): the 'Published' column doesn't act like the 'date' column, or the custom I made for the update date.

After the update, the tooltip on the three columns had the correct date and time. I click on the 'update' field (open edit mode) then click away (close edit mode), the tooltip still has the correct values. Same for the 'date' field. I do it on the 'published' field: the tooltip only has the date value left, and zeroed the time part.

Not a FFDL issue, and has no significant impact, but I raised an eyebrow...
Old 11-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #2128
rajvir
Owner of over 2000 storie
rajvir has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader
I am having a problem when I try to update a fanfic I downloaded this is what it says.

Status Bad
Title Pokedex
Author Birdboy
Comment time data '17h ago' does not match format '%m-%d-%y'
URL http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6161819/1/

Is there anyway I can fix this?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #2129
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
I am having a problem when I try to update a fanfic I downloaded this is what it says.

Status Bad
Title Pokedex
Author Birdboy
Comment time data '17h ago' does not match format '%m-%d-%y'
URL http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6161819/1/

Is there anyway I can fix this?
Install the latest version of the plugin. It fixes the problem in a flash!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #2130
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Version 1.7.52 - 09 Nov 2013
  • Fixes for storiesonline.net, thanks davidfor.
I just got back to the computer that has my Calibre install on it and after some initial frustration, the StoriesOnline adapter works perfectly (it really helps to look at the version numbers on both the app AND the plugin...)

I feel bad that I was not able to contribute to the troubleshooting process, and want to give thanks to those who were able to do it.

Once again, thanks to all who contributed to this.

rlh3
Closed Thread