Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #2071
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Ok, it was failing for stories marked as incomplete. All the dates are there in timestamp format followed by a noscript tag and the date. The others use the noscript version. You could replace that line with the following to be consistent with the other dates.
Hmmm. For no reason that I understand, the noscript wasn't coming through correctly when getting the text for the whole span. So I rashly assumed that Soup wouldn't find it by name either. Changed.

Quote:
Whoops just noticed something in the description. They all have a "[" at the end. Replace lines 209-211 (they all start with "desc =") with:

Code:
desc = "%s"%lc4.text
desc = desc[:desc.index("[More")]
That looks like another premium/non-premium difference. Non-premium doesn't get the '[More'. So I've made it conditional.

Attached is a version with these latest changes.

UPDATE Nov 6, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-06-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #2072
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That looks like another premium/non-premium difference. Non-premium doesn't get the '[More'. So I've made it conditional.
The "More Info" is a link but "[" isn't part of it. It was a dumb idea for a test from me.

I took a step back, looked at the code, the web site page and the BeuatifulSoup manual. The result was and the attached adapter. I have tested with two different ids and a set of cases that cover completed, inactive and in progress.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adapter_storiesonlinenet.zip (3.7 KB, 135 views)
Old 11-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #2073
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New test version with davidfor's latest changes for storiesonline.net and Asbjorn's latest changes for heuristic paragraph conversion.

UPDATE 2013 Nov 09 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-09-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #2074
fidofido300
fidofido300 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 5
Thanks for your hard work last beta works
Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #2075
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidofido300 View Post
Thanks for your hard work last beta works
Good. My head was beginning to hurt
Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #2076
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Good. My head was beginning to hurt
You and me both.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #2077
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi!

I was updating my ff.net library and noticed that if a story has no new chapters, nothing is updated except for the error column (if I want it).

Since I use the number of reviews and favs to choose which story to read, is there anyway that I can get updated metadata, without using the "update metadata only" option?

Thanks in advance for you attention.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #2078
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
is there anyway that I can get updated metadata, without using the "update metadata only" option?
I don't understand. You want only the metadata updates, and the option only updates the metadata. Seems to me that this option does exactly what you want, doesn't it? What do I miss?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #2079
doudda
Enthusiast

Sorry I should've explained better.
When I select my entire library and bulk update it, some stories that have new chapters are updated (including the metada), but the stories that have no new chapters are skipped (no new metada, even if there are changes in the reviews and favs).

What I am asking is if there is anyway, during the bulk update, I can make the metada update every time, while at the same time I get new chapters if there are any.

Did I make myself clearer? English is not my first language.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #2080
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Well you were clear, it's just that the "update calibre metadata only" update mode seems to do what you want. Just tried it on a story last updated in 2012, and it did ask me whether I wanted to update Calibre.

I don't have any column for favs or review though, so obviously I can't see if those particular two are updated.

EDIT: Ah, yeah, I see; you want a metadata update only for those with no new chapters, and a full update for the others, all in one round, is that right?

Last edited by aleyx; 11-07-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #2081
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
When I select my entire library and bulk update it, some stories that have new chapters are updated (including the metada), but the stories that have no new chapters are skipped (no new metada, even if there are changes in the reviews and favs).
I do not recommend using FFDL that way. It generates a lot of traffic on the server. I highly recommend using email notifications from the sites you read to find out about updates and then update only those stories.

Quote:
What I am asking is if there is anyway, during the bulk update, I can make the metada update every time, while at the same time I get new chapters if there are any.
Yes, use Update EPUB Always.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #2082
doudda
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
EDIT: Ah, yeah, I see; you want a metadata update only for those with no new chapters, and a full update for the others, all in one round, is that right?
Yes that's what I wanted.

Quote:
Yes, use Update EPUB Always.
Ok, thanks. I never really tried that option.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #2083
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.52 - 09 Nov 2013
  • Fixes for storiesonline.net, thanks davidfor.
  • Fixes/Enhancements for replace_br_with_p heuristic processing feature. Thanks, Asbjørn Grandt.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #2084
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Version 1.7.52 - 09 Nov 2013
  • Fixes/Enhancements for replace_br_with_p heuristic processing feature. Thanks, Asbjørn Grandt.
Hi, as part of the fixes/enhancements for replace_br_with_p does that fix the part where it super sizes the text in the story?

After I added "replace_br_with_p:true" to my [archiveofourown.org] the font size in the stories I downloaded went up a few points in sizes. I have to adjust down to xs on my reader.

I didn't make any other changes to my css override script and I'm not sure how to adjust the new "p" font size when the br tags are replaced?

I hope that made sense...

I'd appreciate any and all help,
Amalthia
Old 11-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #2085
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi, as part of the fixes/enhancements for replace_br_with_p does that fix the part where it super sizes the text in the story?
replace_br_with_p shouldn't effect font size unless your CSS lists different size for text in p tags vs other tags.

If you have keep_style_attr set to true, there may also be style attributes from the original site coming through.

Without seeing the source story, your personal.ini and the epub generated, all I can do is speculate.
Closed Thread