Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #1246
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Glad you finally got the credit.

You mentioned that you had a $5 credit in each digital category. Do you still have those credits?
Yes, I still have those credits (so now I have $10 in mp3 credit). I still have no idea how I got them though.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 AM   #1247
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
Yes, I still have those credits (so now I have $10 in mp3 credit). I still have no idea how I got them though.
Interesting

As to the mystery credit, keep in mind that you don't necessarily have $5 to spend in each category. If the $5 credit is a general digital credit, $5 will appear in each category. Any amount you spend up to $5 will reduce your balance by the same amount in all categories.

Happy spending
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #1248
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Interesting

As to the mystery credit, keep in mind that you don't necessarily have $5 to spend in each category. If the $5 credit is a general digital credit, $5 will appear in each category. Any amount you spend up to $5 will reduce your balance by the same amount in all categories.

Happy spending
FYI - I wasn't receiving the offer on my Kindle Keyboard, so contacted Amazon via Chat. The rep. eventually applied the credit directly to my account without sending me an e-mail. I now also have $5 credits listed for Amazon MP3; Amazon Instant Video; Kindle Editions; and Software/Video/Games Downloads.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #1249
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I got a tip to check my kindle keyboard for a special offer, so I did get the music one! Yay! But it's kind of sad that I have used this kindle so infrequently lately that I kind of forgot how it works!

(I'm using my rooted Nook color most of the time, or just my Android phone). Still glad to get the credit, and I'll have to remember to check in with the Kindle periodically!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #1250
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
So in the pass few days I've received $15 from my KSO. Love it.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #1251
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
So in the pass few days I've received $15 from my KSO. Love it.
$15? How?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #1252
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
$15? How?
$10 from the Discover card deal
$5 from the free MP3 deal
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #1253
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
$10 from the Discover card deal
$5 from the free MP3 deal
Gotcha
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #1254
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
FYI - I wasn't receiving the offer on my Kindle Keyboard, so contacted Amazon via Chat. The rep. eventually applied the credit directly to my account without sending me an e-mail. I now also have $5 credits listed for Amazon MP3; Amazon Instant Video; Kindle Editions; and Software/Video/Games Downloads.
Interestingly, contrary to the wording in the offer:

Credit is valid for a $5 discount on digital music purchases made from the Music tab on Kindle Fire, www.amazon.com/mp3, or the Amazon MP3 for Android app; customer will be responsible for payment to Amazon.com for final price of digital music purchase after discount, plus applicable taxes. Credit is not redeemable for any other types of merchandise sold by Amazon.com.

...the $5 was deducted from the purchase I just made of a stereo receiver, perhaps due to the direct crediting (i.e., without using a code) of the promotion(?).

Last edited by Batman Jr.; 10-06-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Information error.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #1255
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
...the $5 was deducted from the purchase I just made of a stereo receiver, perhaps due to the direct crediting (i.e., without using a code) of the promotion(?).
That it was applied to a physical item is very odd. Like they issued you a gift certificate rather than a digital credit.

I have noticed that in the past when I've called in with questions about these kinds of promotions, that Amazon CS always just issues a general digital credit, which appears and is usable in, all the digital categories. (but not for physical items.)
If you had used the code, it would have shown up only in the MP3 box and only applied to that kind of purchase..

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #1256
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
I got a tip to check my kindle keyboard for a special offer, so I did get the music one! Yay! But it's kind of sad that I have used this kindle so infrequently lately that I kind of forgot how it works!
Heh. The same thing happened to me when I started my Kindle Keyboard to get the offer this morning. I found myself touching the screen and wondering why it wasn't responding!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #1257
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Another Kindle Fire only: 30% off select Kindle Accessories (up to $100 purchase, max $30 credit) thru Oct 15.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #1258
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Offer (claim by 14 Oct)

Quote:
Choose one of the qualifying Kindle books, and click the "Buy" button before the promotion expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), October 21, 2012. You will be charged $1, and your discount will be reflected on your email purchase confirmation.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1259
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
New Offer (claim by 14 Oct)
Not alot to choose from. I think I'll pass.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #1260
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's the same list that Fire owners got a couple of weeks ago. A couple of winners in the list (but I already had most of those).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote