Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Only send news to some devices or ignore some devices?

I have an ebook reader and a mobile phone. I only want Calibre to send news to my ebook reader. Occasionally, though, I want to use Calibre to send certain items to the mobile phone. Is there some simple way to get this behavior?

Maybe I can disable the the mobile phone's device interface plugin, and then reenable it when I want to transfer files to the phone? The phone is a Blackberry 8900 and the reader is a Sony PRS-350.

I'm trying to prevent two things: (1) automatic transfer of unwanted news files to the phone and (2) failure to transfer news files to the ebook reader if they've been transferred to the phone. (I'm not sure, but I think that once news files have been automatically transferred to a device, they aren't automatically transferred to other devices connected later.)
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by barium View Post
I have an ebook reader and a mobile phone. I only want Calibre to send news to my ebook reader. Occasionally, though, I want to use Calibre to send certain items to the mobile phone. Is there some simple way to get this behavior?

Maybe I can disable the the mobile phone's device interface plugin, and then reenable it when I want to transfer files to the phone? The phone is a Blackberry 8900 and the reader is a Sony PRS-350.

I'm trying to prevent two things: (1) automatic transfer of unwanted news files to the phone and (2) failure to transfer news files to the ebook reader if they've been transferred to the phone. (I'm not sure, but I think that once news files have been automatically transferred to a device, they aren't automatically transferred to other devices connected later.)
You could always opt for a manual transfer on those that you want to the phone.

News is saved in the Library and can be manually sent to as many devices as desired.
Auto delete removes them from the Library (only) after the designated period.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You could always opt for a manual transfer on those that you want to the phone
Where would I set that up? Right now, if there's new news in my library, and I plug in any device, it's automatically transferred to the device. I don't know of a way to allow the automatic transfer for some devices but not for others.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by barium View Post
Where would I set that up? Right now, if there's new news in my library, and I plug in any device, it's automatically transferred to the device. I don't know of a way to allow the automatic transfer for some devices but not for others.
I mis-remembered it being per-news source.

You are correct: Preferences: Behavior applies to All news
But you CAN apply a extra tag (advanced) per download, making manual sends simpler to do.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote