Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #226
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Slape View Post
I am very touched by all the messages in remembrance of my sister Patricia. It has been a difficult few months and I still miss her terribly. However it has given me great comfort to see that she will continue to be remembered by the mobile read community. I have read so many messages posted by her friends, some who had never met her but knew her through the virtual community.

Patricia loved the written word from a young age and throughout her life reading brought her great pleasure, therefore I paricularly liked the post from Freeshadow who said:

"Let us not forget one fact: every new "bookworm" still to arrive here someday will - when actually using one of Pats creations - add another brick to her monument: A brick composed of honest deephearted enjoyment, only a true fan of books can feel when confronted with a good one

Chris S

Thank you SO much Chris for dropping in and sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. Patricia will continue as a part of MobileRead as long as this forum exists, and long afterward in each book downloaded and treasured by individual MR members.

I hope you feel comfortable in our community and might consider remaining a member with us.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #227
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
I am very touched by all the messages in remembrance of my sister Patricia. It has been a difficult few months and I still miss her terribly. However it has given me great comfort to see that she will continue to be remembered by the mobile read community. I have read so many messages posted by her friends, some who had never met her but knew her through the virtual community.

Patricia loved the written word from a young age and throughout her life reading brought her great pleasure, therefore I paricularly liked the post from Freeshadow who said:

"Let us not forget one fact: every new "bookworm" still to arrive here someday will - when actually using one of Pats creations - add another brick to her monument: A brick composed of honest deephearted enjoyment, only a true fan of books can feel when confronted with a good one

Chris S
Thank you, Chris, for your beautiful message. Your sister will always be remembered and cherished here.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #228
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome Chris! Patricia was a great friend to me here though I was a newbie. She uploaded a number of books specially upon my requests. God bless her.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #229
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Thanks for coming by, Chris! I am one who didn't know her nearly as well as others, but she was always very welcoming when I first started, and I appreciated her helpful spirit and dedication to the written word. My thoughts are with you and your family.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #230
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Thanks for coming by, Chris! I am one who didn't know her nearly as well as others, but she was always very welcoming when I first started, and I appreciated her helpful spirit and dedication to the written word. My thoughts are with you and your family.
DITTO!
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #231
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

Chris S
Thanks Chris for dropping by, and for your message. Patricia will remain in our hearts.

Please, maybe, stay and become part of this community....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #232
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Every time I return to the Mobile Read library, I find myself drawn to Patricia's contributions. Each time, I'm touched by her patience and impressed by her good taste.

When I actually download and read the books she recreated, designed, transposed and even edited so lovingly, I'm grateful all over again for her work. She has (in a way) bequeathed to us the most carefully made ebook editions I've ever seen. They are better proofed than most of the books released by major publishers, and -- here's the important thing -- it is a pleasure to feel I'm getting to know two people every time I open one: the author and Patricia herself.

If only I'd been able to get to know her personally while she was doing all this! I vow to spend part of this Sunday reading her various posts. I need to hear the voice of the discerning and humble person who gave us these treasures.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-07-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #233
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Every time I return to the Mobile Read library, I find myself drawn to Patricia's contributions. Each time, I'm touched by her patience and impressed by her good taste.

When I actually download and read the books she recreated, designed, transposed and even edited so lovingly, I'm grateful all over again for her work. She has (in a way) bequeathed to us the most carefully made ebook editions I've ever seen. They are better proofed than most of the books released by major publishers, and -- here's the important thing -- it is a pleasure to feel I'm getting to know two people at a time every time I open one: the author and Patricia herself.

If only I'd been able to get to know her personally while she was doing all this! I vow to spend part of Sunday reading her posts. I need to hear the voice of the discerning and humble person who gave us these treasures.
That's a lovely post, and heartwarming to know that Patricia still impresses herself on people so. As you see more of her posts I think you'll find her exactly as you describe.

Thank-you.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #234
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #235
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I recently reread a PM that Patricia sent to me when my mother passed away two years ago.

Patricia was so kind, gentle and empathetic.

Her remembrance is always with me.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #236
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Patricia was everything that a 'lady' should be, and more, and I am sure that

she will always remain a light for all of us.

Her flame grows.

Sincerely.

Nohmi
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #237
drseabee
drseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipsedrseabee can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Nook
Patricia Clark

I lost my wife February 6, 2010, although I never met the lady she shares my wife’s name and I can feel your loss is as great as mine. I extend my heart felt condolences on your loss and my prayers are with you.
drseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #238
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by drseabee View Post
I lost my wife February 6, 2010, although I never met the lady she shares my wife’s name and I can feel your loss is as great as mine. I extend my heart felt condolences on your loss and my prayers are with you.
Empathy is not always a pleasant emotion to experience, but it is certainly one of the most admirable and kind. This post is very kind of you, drseabee, as much as I am so sorry to hear its prompting. Condolences are returned.

And welcome to MobileRead.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #239
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I agree with Prestidigitweeze. It's always sad when someone passes, but they're not really gone as long as we remember them and Patricia will be remembered for a long time to come by those who read the books that she posted here at MR.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #240
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Having had to write my own mother's eulogy recently, I chose to publish it after realizing I wasn't alone in shouldering private grief. It was the right thing to do just as this thread about Patricia is right.

Too many people struggle with the feeling that their loved one was precious in the face of apparent indifference. Suddenly, there is a hole that swallows the earth and air -- a rift that isolates -- yet no one else seems to see it.

I want them to see it.

Perhaps we shouldn't have to witness to posterity that a person in our lives was important, but I say there's a duty to do so. No renovating stranger should ever be allowed to dismantle the reliquaries of familial/maternal/romantic love as if they were voting booths.

This one mattered. I know so. I testify so to time.

May Patricia's memory resonate with all who esteem their own families, who wish to honor the blood-bound volunteers who conceived and supported them. They loved us willingly and unwaveringly and they continue to do so in the mind, as time winds down.

May all who encounter Patricia's memory learn of the masterpieces she created on the web and in life. She composed a cantata and it was you, wrote novels and they were the narratives of others' progress -- were the aesthetic joys she communicated here and in the sociophysical world.

May all who encounter her here -- and through you, Chris, and you, Marc (her friend), and all other intimates who remain -- come to realize that the arc of her life continues: in her work, of course, but also in those who survive her. You whose present is her legacy and whose destiny is her future.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-31-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote