Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
The other sites aren't updated yet.

But I have a complaint about BoB: why the hell is the book 1$ in all formats except mobipocket?! The mobi version is at full price!
When I look at BoB only the PDF & eReader version are a buck. The ePub is $10.91 just like the Mobi. Maybe those two come through a different distro system and that distributor hasn't updated their pricing yet.

Anyone found anyplace selling it in Lit format?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
BoB has the Harlequin freebies up now as well -- but they are not free in Mobi format, just in ePub.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
It's $1 at the kindle store now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwnewton View Post
What gives? Last month when I went to the Orbit site:

http://www.onedollarorbit.com/

the January book offered multiple outlets, including Sony, and Kindle story. Now it has the Banks book, but the select button says Sony and only Sony! This ins spite of this blurb from Orbit:

"We've partnered with the top ebook vendors to offer readers in the USA an ebook a month for just $1."

Vendors is plural! How come no Kindle for this one?
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
The other sites aren't updated yet.

But I have a complaint about BoB: why the hell is the book 1$ in all formats except mobipocket?! The mobi version is at full price!

You can get the Mobi version for $1 ($.85 if you're a member) at Fictionwise.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
This promotion rocks so much. Did I mention that before?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
This promotion rocks so much. Did I mention that before?
What... are you not wondering if you should buy this $1 book?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What... are you not wondering if you should buy this $1 book?

BOb
I'm not buying it this time (not big on SciFi, you know that) and I still haven't read last month's. But I'm on next month's like butter on rice
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Groovy! I got:

Use of Weapons (free)
The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum (free)
The Murder List (free)
Hokus Pokus
Lancelot

All for $11.20. Dont'cha just love a bargain?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Where did you get "Use of Weapons" free? The cheapest I can find it for is 85c.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #25
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well, as mentioned, earlier it's a geo risteicted title.

However fictionwise is enforcing the restriction based on your billing address. Just changing the country and paying using my micropay credit gets around the restriction easy enough.

While it may be a bit of a pain to remember to change the country before using the card ( which I never do as I prefer to use paypal) it's still a comparative easy workaround.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
However fictionwise is enforcing the restriction based on your billing address. Just changing the country and paying using my micropay credit gets around the restriction easy enough.
Yes, I noticed that myself .
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #27
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Well, as mentioned, earlier it's a geo risteicted title.

But Fictionwise will have records of our purchases and will notice the change of address every time we buy a restricted ebook, wont that affect our accounts?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
But Fictionwise will have records of our purchases and will notice the change of address every time we buy a restricted ebook, wont that affect our accounts?
You don't have to keep changing your account provided you're happy to pay by PayPal. Just leave it set at some random US address.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #29
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Perhaps, but as I only have acredit card on record for use with ereader DRM, I'm too worried about it as I always pay either by Paypal or out of My Micropay, and Fictiowise (as far as I'm aware) does not check with Paypal as to which payment method is used.

it migh be troublesum, if youre paying direct by card, so you would need to change the billing address to your own country when paying.

And I have to say that a lot of people have cards from different countries, especially if they trave a lot, or move around frequently (an Ideal customer for eBooks) so changing an address occasionally should not be aproble, UNLESS you constantly do so, which may lead them to flag it .
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Where did you get "Use of Weapons" free? The cheapest I can find it for is 85c.
It's free at the Sony bookstore, and the link takes you to 7 or 8 other free books also. Also check out the bargain books link.

EDIT: I think I've lost my mind! Not FREE, but $1. SORRY!

Last edited by DixieGal; 02-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote