Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #556
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
But I can make you an obese one, if you so desire...
I read "obscene" and was going to ask what that one looks like!!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #557
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I have, yes. They are beautiful! But, even the regular is so dark that it bothers my eyes
Later this week, I shall be making a version of Charis SIL that is heavier then the normal version, but not as heavy as the ones I've posted. So stay tuned and you'll be able to have a version I think you'll be happy with.

I'm going to be doing Compact and Modified.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #558
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Later this week, I shall be making a version of Charis SIL that is heavier then the normal version, but not as heavy as the ones I've posted. So stay tuned and you'll be able to have a version I think you'll be happy with.

I'm going to be doing Compact and Modified.
Sounds great! I can't wait to see it.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #559
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I finally got my fonts where I want them so I have actually been reading for a change. I had to resize all my fonts. I use my K4 as a guide on size 5 so now all my fonts match very closely to size 5 on both Kindles. I was getting eyestrain from having small fonts.

Unfortunately Size 4 on the PW is still too tiny. I would have to make a font Huge in order to get what I want but I can read comfortably at Size 5 so I've grown use to it. I suspect if the contrast was better on my PW I wouldn't have needed to do this.

I did make Palatino taller you are not seeing things. I like it much better now.

I use Amasis are my main font but it's nice to have choices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmasisLarge.png
Views:	228
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	101163   Click image for larger version

Name:	PalatinoLarge.png
Views:	257
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	101164   Click image for larger version

Name:	GentiumBookLarge.png
Views:	230
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	101165   Click image for larger version

Name:	CharisLarge.png
Views:	237
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	101166  

Last edited by Blossom; 02-12-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #560
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
They all look great, Blossom! Good work. I like your modified Palatino a lot better.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #561
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
They all look great, Blossom! Good work. I like your modified Palatino a lot better.
Thanks! I shrunk it by 5% horizontal and Enlarge it 10% vertical then added weight to it. It no longer looks smooshed.

The Gentium Book and Charis Large I can offer by PM. It's not for everyone, It's great for those who have eye problems and need a larger font that isn't huge.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-12-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #562
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
You can just post your Gentium Book version I think, as it's a free font AFAIK.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #563
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
You can just post your Gentium Book version I think, as it's a free font AFAIK.
Yes it's under the SIL license so I share it through PM or Email.
I use my personal Dropbox so I don't want to post the link publicly.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #564
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sounds great! I can't wait to see it.
I do have one question...

Do you think 1/2 the weight of the current Charis SIL will be OK? It would still be a heavier weight then the unmodified version.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #565
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes it's under the SIL license so I share it through PM or Email.
I use my personal Dropbox so I don't want to post the link publicly.
I share Charis SIL via Mediafire. I have no problems with the number of downloads.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #566
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I share Charis SIL via Mediafire. I have no problems with the number of downloads.
Don't use Mediafire though I do download from them. It gave my friend who was a novice at computers a virus due to the ads. I felt so bad so I don't use any File Hosting services with Ads because not everyone uses AD Block.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #567
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
I do have one question...

Do you think 1/2 the weight of the current Charis SIL will be OK? It would still be a heavier weight then the unmodified version.
I'm not sure. I love the Palatino font but like it slightly darker. Does that help at all? I'm sorry if that's not very helpful.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #568
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I'm not sure. I love the Palatino font but like it slightly darker. Does that help at all? I'm sorry if that's not very helpful.
I think you would like a fixed version of Charis with no weight added. It's already a dark font compare to Palatino.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #569
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Don't use Mediafire though I do download from them. It gave my friend who was a novice at computers a virus due to the ads. I felt so bad so I don't use any File Hosting services with Ads because not everyone uses AD Block.
A lot of sites that have ads get the ads from an ad server. The some of the ads being served can be dodgy. But that does not make the actual site a problem. For example, around Christmas, Google was saying that TrekBBS was a threat. It was because of some of the ads being served. But the site itself is fine. So don't blame Mediafire if a bad ad got served.

The ads on MediaFire are on the download page. But just because your friend click the wrong link is no reason not to use MediaFire. Besides, why not use MediaFire for hosting your modified fonts that you are allowed to give out? Then you won't have to use your Dropbox account.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #570
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I think you would like a fixed version of Charis with no weight added. It's already a dark font compare to Palatino.
I'll make a beta RAR that has Charis SIL's line spacing fixed with no weight added and also one with more weight and the line spacing fixed. Then JLeighs can choose which version of the font to use. It's no hassle since I do have to start over anyway. I'll just keep the pre-weighted version as well.