Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mighty Bright eBook Reader Light on Astak website

Dear All:

The Mighty Bright LED Mini is now on sale at: www.astak.com!! As you know, Mighty Bright makes a great eBook Reader lite that just clips on to your protective case while you read!

This is a good one!! All are in the silver color and all have Super-Bright LEDs that last up to 100,000 hours!!

It offers up to 24 hours straight of continuous use... using two CR2032 Lithium Batteries (button batteries) now available at most drug stores!

This has the custom engineered reflector with optical grade lens to spread the light evenly without any hot spots.

It is ultra-compact and stows almost anywhere!!

www.astak.com and you can read in total darkness!!

This is really the FIRST accessory we have carried. It would sure help if wwe can sell out quickly and that will help persuede the Product Manager (a mole of a person who lives in the dark) toget in more accessories such as custom cases!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post

It offers up to 24 hours straight of continuous use... using two CR2032 Lithium Batteries (button batteries) now available at most drug stores!
Didn't realise the battery life with these things was that bad

At that rate combined with the amount I read and the times I would have to replace the batteries every four days, which would get rather expensive!

On an off topic note I always get a chuckle when I see Americans mention drug stores I can just imagine the queues of people lining up around the block for their weed and smack
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I share your chuckle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
Didn't realise the battery life with these things was that bad

At that rate combined with the amount I read and the times I would have to replace the batteries every four days, which would get rather expensive!

On an off topic note I always get a chuckle when I see Americans mention drug stores I can just imagine the queues of people lining up around the block for their weed and smack
Dear mnementh:

Yes, I also get a mental picture of lines of herion addicts lining up around the block to get free rubber-tubing for their arms!!

You read 6 hours a day? Jesus!! We have got to get you more interested in the opposite sex!! Seriously, I guess you are right.

However, realize that you do not need the light for all six hours. A simple floor lamp or such can lessen the time with the actual light on. I really use mine only when the power goes out.

You can, also, buy an Optional AC adapter (100-240V) on the Mighty Bright Website and have the best of both worlds!!

Any herion users out there... I meant no offense in this post and wish you only the best of tubing and needles!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
IT would be nice if you provided a link directly to this product. I could not find it on your web site.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:

You read 6 hours a day? Jesus!! We have got to get you more interested in the opposite sex!! Seriously, I guess you are right.

However, realize that you do not need the light for all six hours. A simple floor lamp or such can lessen the time with the actual light on. I really use mine only when the power goes out.

You can, also, buy an Optional AC adapter (100-240V) on the Mighty Bright Website and have the best of both worlds!!
I guess I'm weird I'd much rather read than watch television and tend to read in bed as I don't sleep much (I'm usually reading till about 3-4 in the morning), however once I'm in bed I hate having to get up to turn the light off (don't like bedside lamps, too much glare) so I was looking for a clip on light I just didn't realise the battery life was that poor. If they did a re-chargeable version that would be brilliant for me.

I can't remember the last time we had a power cut here, got to be at least ten years since I last experienced one

On a side note does anybody know how long the cable is on the charger?
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Robertb

100% agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
IT would be nice if you provided a link directly to this product. I could not find it on your web site.

BOb
Dear pilotbob:

I fully agree. I tried to find it and could not either.

They stuck it under a left side column called "eBook Reading Devices".

Sorry for the confusion!! Really bad choice of place to post it.

The link is: http://www.astak.com/category.asp?id=8

I am going to try to get the "brains" in Marketing to place it under a new category: "eBook Reader Accessories". You would think, the way they have it now, that they should hold another contest: "Find the Astak eBook Reader Lite".
Old 01-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
Robertb

Will ask on AC Adapter cable length!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I guess I'm weird I'd much rather read than watch television and tend to read in bed as I don't sleep much (I'm usually reading till about 3-4 in the morning), however once I'm in bed I hate having to get up to turn the light off (don't like bedside lamps, too much glare) so I was looking for a clip on light I just didn't realise the battery life was that poor. If they did a re-chargeable version that would be brilliant for me.

I can't remember the last time we had a power cut here, got to be at least ten years since I last experienced one

On a side note does anybody know how long the cable is on the charger?
Dear Mnementh:

No, you are not weird! I guess I often find myself waking up at 3:00 and watching TV. Rarely sleep through the night anymore. Might as well be reading.

I will ask Mighty Bright what the cost is and how long the cable is!!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Dear All:

The Mighty Bright LED Mini is now on sale at: www.astak.com!! As you know, Mighty Bright makes a great eBook Reader lite that just clips on to your protective case while you read!
I just had a look at the website and I found it to be rather a bit much. Flash and animated gif and it's busy and hard to find things. It's could use a redesign from the top down to be a more professional website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Dear pilotbob:

I fully agree. I tried to find it and could not either.

They stuck it under a left side column called "eBook Reading Devices".

Sorry for the confusion!! Really bad choice of place to post it.

The link is: http://www.astak.com/category.asp?id=8

I am going to try to get the "brains" in Marketing to place it under a new category: "eBook Reader Accessories". You would think, the way they have it now, that they should hold another contest: "Find the Astak eBook Reader Lite".

This is exactly the same one they sell at B&N. I picked this up on my last trip to the U.S., about 2 weeks ago.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
Robertb

Price coming down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is exactly the same one they sell at B&N. I picked this up on my last trip to the U.S., about 2 weeks ago.

Don
I was successful in getting Astak to lower the price on the Mighty Bright Mini. They will lower it soon!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
My Alternative

It's good to see that Astak has added the Mighty Bright light to their website! I have one of my own (XtraFlex) & initially I really liked it, but of late have come to only be lukewarm about it. To me - and this is just my own opinion - it was just too big for my PocketPro. I felt like there was no good angle for the flexible neck such that it wouldn't be "in the way".

So, I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday perusing their other book lights & ended up purchasing the Relight Rechargeable Book Light. It's a little pricey
($35), but it eliminates the need for endless battery purchases for mobile use. But even better than that, it's very compact, has 4 LEDs with 2 settings (super bright & bright), has good charge life, and can be adjusted to your preferred viewing angle without being "in the way" visually.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Home...?cds2Pid=25455

I'm in no way trying to rain on Astak's parade with Robertb's announcement of the Mighty Bright being available now via the Astak website. I just wanted to post another alternative that I haven't seen discussed here before for book lights.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #12
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
93terp, do you by chance have a picture of this light with your pocket pro? I'm just curious how it would clip on and be adjustable... thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Maybe you should try and sell the Mighty Bright 2. I have one but I just alternate using 1 of the 2 lights and it takes 3 AAA batteries, so it provides a longer battery life. I had it since the first Pocket Pros shipped and I haven't had to replace the batteries yet, although I don't do but a couple hours of late night reading here and there.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
93terp, do you by chance have a picture of this light with your pocket pro? I'm just curious how it would clip on and be adjustable... thanks!
Davimee - here you go! As you can easily see, I'm not professional photographer Hope these help. Unfortunately these don't do the Relight justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezReader003.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	43828   Click image for larger version

Name:	ezReader001.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	43829   Click image for larger version

Name:	ezReader005.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	43830   Click image for larger version

Name:	ezReader009.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	43831   Click image for larger version

Name:	ezReader004.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	43832  
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #15
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
93terp, thank you for posting the pictures! The third and fourth pictures especially help me to see how it clips onto the case, so thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote