Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
What might Amazon do with left-over 1st gen Kindles

I'm a reviewer on Amazon and just received and invitation to be a reviewer for their Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest.

About half-way through the email it said that anyone that completes the 40 reviews by March 8th would receive an Amazon Kindle. That definitely caught my attention. I have been resisting the temptation to buy an Amazon Kindle for several months now even though I love my Sony reader(s). But, man, a shot at a free kindle (though I would have to practically take February off and give up sleep in order to read and review 40 books in one month!) has me seriously interested.

I suspect that they would give us 1st generation reviews which might explain what would happen to those "in line" that opted for an upgrade for a Gen 2.

FYI -- here's another theory about the "Major Press Conference that is being held on February 9th: February 8th is the deadline for authors to submit their books for consideration to ABNA. So could February 9th be the official "public" kickoff for ABNA? In a way, that would make more sense.

Any thoughts?
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:12 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert