Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #16
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
We actually skipped 1.9.1 and we just pulled 1.9.3. We'll be refreshing it shortly. Stay tuned.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #17
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Hey George...what does 1.9.3 bring to the table and when can we see some bigger changes such as addressing the ghosting/partial refresh issue?

Thanks!
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 AM   #18
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
Hey George...what does 1.9.3 bring to the table and when can we see some bigger changes such as addressing the ghosting/partial refresh issue?

Thanks!
Version 1.9.3 has addressed the ghosting/partial refresh issue by adding an option to change when a full page refresh is done. The choices are 1 to 6 pages. I chose 1 page and the ghosting problem has disappeared and paradoxically the page turns seem to be faster. My reader also seems to be more responsive. Before this upgrade it would sometimes take more than one tap for an action to register and now it only takes one.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #19
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by george.talusan View Post
We actually skipped 1.9.1 and we just pulled 1.9.3. We'll be refreshing it shortly. Stay tuned.
Quote:
Howdy folks, unfortunately we had to pull the release for some fine tuning. It'll be back up soon. A changelog will come along as well.
When would it come back, i did a factory reset on mine to see if it would upgrade to 1.9.3 but now its only at 1.9
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #20
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
Yes updated to 2.0.1. So the only reason I see are they found a bug and pulled it or They are not just pushing it on every sync and just have to try and try.

Or I could just try a factory reset like stated previously.

Update : Tried a factory reset, Now I am back to 1.9 and it won't even update to 1.9.2. So I am now stuck with a even older firmware. Must be a problem with their site.
its funny that you mention that i was playing around with things and oddly enough i corrupted my db lol had to do a reset.... same for me:P stuck at 1.9 and i even tried to do an update via setting up a new user account lol... no go... im wondering if they had an issue with the firmware and are correctiing it?

oh well guess ill just have to wait.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 02:33 AM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
hmmmm... interesting.. how long will it take to sort? and thats a relief... cause i thought i screwed up big time here
Old 06-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi everyone,

We are working on getting the 1.9.3 upgrade tweaked and redeployed as we speak. In the mean time we have re-enabled the 1.9.2 upgrade so that anyone who did a factory-reset can upgrade back to 1.9.2.

For those asking, 1.9.3 was to include the capability of being able to control how often the device did a full page refresh while reading, and some performance improvements / bug-fixes. I will get a detailed list.

For anyone who did a factory reset back to 1.9, please connect the device to the Desktop app and sync to get 1.9.2 and you should be good to go.

Last edited by SameerH; 06-18-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Don't need to factory reset to get the upgrade through desktop app.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
When would it come back, i did a factory reset on mine to see if it would upgrade to 1.9.3 but now its only at 1.9
Ok got my 1.9.2 version back they reposted it
Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #24
jackastor
Wizard

1.9.4 its here

just updated to 1.9.4 wooo hoo just waiting for things to sync over

ill let you know what i notice as soon as i do

regards jack
Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Found out a BIG bug in 1.9.4. Whenever you are returning to the Home page the book you were currently reading is removed from the books being shown. This is way more annoying than the refresh problem.

Update : Found out the reason see here.

It is actually a Time problem I had

Also I was hoping that the bug here would be fixed like stated previously but to no avail.

Well the Author Sort bug is fixed.

Last edited by Nigol; 06-18-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Not a
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
jackastor
Wizard

hmmm strange my reply is missing from here

not sure what happened but it seems my recent reply is missing...

grrr evil forum reply stealing gremlims... ill get you yet....just you wait
Old 06-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #27
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
Found out a BIG bug in 1.9.4. Whenever you are returning to the Home page the book you were currently reading is removed from the books being shown. This is way more annoying than the refresh problem.

Update : Found out the reason see here.

It is actually a Time problem I had

Also I was hoping that the bug here would be fixed like stated previously but to no avail.

Well the Author Sort bug is fixed.
well I dont have an issue with my book being deleted from the current read list. so im unsure what your talking about.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #28
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

We are working on getting the 1.9.3 upgrade tweaked and redeployed as we speak. In the mean time we have re-enabled the 1.9.2 upgrade so that anyone who did a factory-reset can upgrade back to 1.9.2.

For those asking, 1.9.3 was to include the capability of being able to control how often the device did a full page refresh while reading, and some performance improvements / bug-fixes. I will get a detailed list.

For anyone who did a factory reset back to 1.9, please connect the device to the Desktop app and sync to get 1.9.2 and you should be good to go.
will this apply to the desktop version of the software and the wifi kobo (non touch)?

I downloaded the software from the kobobooks.com site and it still says 1.9, no other numbers...
batkinson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
will this apply to the desktop version of the software and the wifi kobo (non touch)?

I downloaded the software from the kobobooks.com site and it still says 1.9, no other numbers...
Download the latest desktop app from there: http://www.kobosetup.com

This upgrade does not apply to the 2nd gen Kobo Wireless eReader. However, you will be able to use the above desktop app with it.

We'll be rolling out a desktop upgrade for all the Desktop 1.9 folks soon.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #30
jackastor
Wizard

INABILITY TO MANAGE MY BOOKS ON THE DESKTOP SOFTWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Download the latest desktop app from there: http://www.kobosetup.com

This upgrade does not apply to the 2nd gen Kobo Wireless eReader. However, you will be able to use the above desktop app with it.

We'll be rolling out a desktop upgrade for all the Desktop 1.9 folks soon.
Hello all! First off I have no real complaints about the desktop software. But it needs some serious tweeking.. I dont like having to redownload all my books if i log out. That is really insane, first off if i signed out my books should stay on my computer and the software should know that unless i sign in then those books stay put meaning not transfered over to another reader. Secondly it is very short sighted that I can not manage my other books onto the desktop software. Seems to me if i would like to migrate my books onto the desktop software that were not part of kobos download i should be able to. It would also be nice if you can edit arrangement tags etc on the desktop software so your books would have the same flow all across the kobo platform. Honestly i find the desktop software very limiting this way. Thirdly why does the desktop software books have to be deleted every time i log out? it eats up my band width to have to redownload those every time... its downright annoying ( i know i said it twice dif words but it is important)

Kobo Dudes any comments?

regards

jack