Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
sdow1
Connoisseur
sdow1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, ipad
my custom recipes turn off constantly

I have no idea why this happens, but every day I turn on my computer, open calibre, and my custom recipes are no longer active. They're still in the list (so it's not as bad as people who've had them completely disappear), but they're no longer scheduled.

Any suggestions? I've taken to keeping post-it notes stuck to my monitor as to when they're "supposed" to download so that I can go in and do it manually on the correct day. Obviously not the ideal (or correct) solution.
sdow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
custom recipes and multiple libraries dont work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdow1 View Post
I have no idea why this happens, but every day I turn on my computer, open calibre, and my custom recipes are no longer active. They're still in the list (so it's not as bad as people who've had them completely disappear), but they're no longer scheduled.

Any suggestions? I've taken to keeping post-it notes stuck to my monitor as to when they're "supposed" to download so that I can go in and do it manually on the correct day. Obviously not the ideal (or correct) solution.
As Kovid has posted, your problem is that you are using multiple libraries. Custom recipes are stored in the library database. Recipe schedules are stored in the Calibre configuration files. You have multiple databases - one for each library, but only one set of configuration files. When you change your library, the scheduler sees references to custom recipes that don't exist in your current library and removes them.

You have two solutions:

1) Stop using multiple libraries. If you do not need custom columns for your libraries, this should work fine to meet all your needs. Simply use tags and the search restriction functionality and it will look like your current multiple libraries, plus, it will provide even more functionality. All your books will be available at all times (this is particularly important if you use the content server.)

2) Stop using a single set of config files - use one set for each library. This will keep the schedule data with the custom recipes. With this setup, you can have different library structures (custom columns), but you will need to switch between libraries externally, not inside Calibre. Look for the instructions regarding portable libraries to see how to set up multiple sets of config files by setting an environment variable. If you want to follow this option and need more help, feel free to post again.

I don't know if an enhancement request to prevent the loss of custom recipe schedules with multiple libraries has been requested in the bug list. If not, it's worthwhile adding it. I suspect it would be pretty far down the todo list, unless someone other than Kovid takes it up.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Tegan
Connoisseur
Tegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st Gen, Kindle 3 SO
I was able to easily use the calibre-portable.bat to create a second instance of Calibre that I use when I want to switch libraries. I have a smaller library just for my recipes, and start it up before I retire for the night. It's very easy to do, so if you like libraries I recommend you give it a try.
Tegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
sdow1
Connoisseur
sdow1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, ipad
Thanks - I did recently add a second library (I set one up to essentially archive/backup all of my wirelessly sync-able B&N content on my nook rather than having those hundreds of books cluttering up my main library), but I'll transition to tags instead.
sdow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert