Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
taraboom11
taraboom11 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Smile Creating a TOC

Hello folks,

New to calibre and this forum. Have been working on converting an html file to mobi. Output still needs cleanup but biggest challenge right now is the TOC. Trying to create an inline toc so users can jump to the listed chapter. Followed the instruction in the guide to insert codes within the html source to create links and an anchor, not working! (Question: do these codes go on the .doc format before saving as an html file, is that correct?)

If anyone can help in assistance with these codes to create an inline toc, really appreciate it.

(Probably will have more questions as I clean up my output, thanks for the help)

I am not too familiar with CSS codes but learning. (MAC and Kindle for MAC
user)
taraboom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
I usually cheat and convert to epub first, then use Sigil to set up my TOC. [Tools -> TOC Editor]

Then it converts to mobi even with the little chapter markers in the progress bar.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
I usually cheat and convert to epub first, then use Sigil to set up my TOC. [Tools -> TOC Editor]

Then it converts to mobi even with the little chapter markers in the progress bar.
I agree with this 110%. The Calibre/Sigil one-two punch can't be beat. Whenever creating/converting/editing I always use Sigil even though my final format is mobi for my Kindle.

Oh, and welcome to the MobileRead forums.

- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote