Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
jww77
jww77 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ, Archos 101 Internet Tablet
what are some good games for the PocketBook IQ

what are some good games that work with the PB IQ in full screen?
jww77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You could try console emulators. I remember one that you can acquire one from SlideME which emulates pretty much every Sega and Nintendo console before Gamecube and Saturn. It costs 10 dollars, but you only need to have one program. There are other emulators, console-split, like Nesoid, Gensoid, Gameboid and so on...

Nevertheless, consider that this kind of games are not meant for a touch screen and demand a quick response which a resistive touchscreen will not deliver. That is, playing games like Sonic the Hedgehog may be a pain. However, quieter games like RPG's will work fine.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
I would have liked Angry Birds (Seasons), but I get the out of memory error when I try loading it. I am waiting for the next release of Android for the device so I can take this further.

Jewels is very good, and addictive.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
Jewels is very good, and addictive.
I like Jewels as well. I love puzzles so this is my type of games.

Any more of those you have tried?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Icewyng, et al,

I have Paper Toss, which doesn't grab me so much, but the graphics are excellent.

Some have got scores into the millions for Jewels, which suggests there is a correct method of playing it, but it would still take me ages to get that high.

Cheers,
Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
GODroid is a very nice Go application, if you're inclined to that game. I'm just learning it, and it's fun!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
GODroid sounds like fun... I have always been curious about learning that game.

@Mick: scores in the millions? Wow... The highest I have done so far was around 9200 points... guess I will need a lot of practice to get to that
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #8
Metal Mick
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post

@Mick: scores in the millions? Wow... The highest I have done so far was around 9200 points... guess I will need a lot of practice to get to that
I've found a way of getting scores into the 50,000's often, but not always. PM me if you'd like to know - just in case some members regard such information as a "spoiler." My guess is that to get really high scores, there's some variation on my method.

Cheers,
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #9
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
My favorite game is Mathdoku (aka KenKen), similar to Sudoku but more challenging.
Next I like SuperFlood, like FloodIt.
Also sameColors and Blocks...

First 2 are tiny on screen so I installed LCDDensity & No block to enlarge the whole screen (not-tiny ones are displayed correctly).

EDIT:
I recently found out that "No block"isn't needed... just unlock the device by pressing the MENU button!

Last edited by Clemenseken; 01-24-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote