Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
alhscw
alhscw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Convert from HTML (zip) no longer working

I just cleaned up some content in HTML, re-zipped the file, replacing the existing one in my library, and now when I click "convert" using 0.7.12 I get the following error:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:No plugin to handle input format: zip

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions.py", line 1116, in convert_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 39, in convert_single_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 124, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 163, in setup_pipeline
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 522, in __init__
ValueError: No plugin to handle input format: zip
alhscw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nothing has changed in the handling of zip files in calibre, ina along time. That error means no suitable ebook files were found inside the zip file to convert, probably because you have the html doube zipped.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
alhscw
alhscw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks Kovid. Actually, I forgot to exclude the old zip when creating the new one and that's what was fowling things up. Now I know what to look for in the future if I see this message.

Great product btw and it keeps getting better. I believe I'm due for sending a little $$$ encouragement your way...
alhscw is offline   Reply With Quote