Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
crchtlvr81
crchtlvr81 began at the beginning.

Device: nook tablet
Adding Files to Books

I would like to now if the following is possible. I have some books on my computer that are multiple files (usually 2-3 files). I want to know if it's possible to add the book to my calibre library and then add to that book the other file(s) so that all files are merged together into one. When I use the add file option it replaces the book with the file I'm trying to add to it. I hope I made sense and thanks for any help
crchtlvr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
It may be possible. Hard to tell in your case unless you give more details about what ebook format and files you are thinking about.

When you import a book in HTML format, any associated files like illustrations, will automatically be added.

It is also possible to merge ebooks using a plugin.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
crchtlvr81

I am trying to convert a pdf file into an epub file. I can get the files to convert just fine. I just can't seem to combine more than one pdf into the ebup file.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@crchtlvr81

Use the ePub Merge plugin
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes, as PeterT says, you first have to convert all the PDFs to ePub. Then you can merge the ePubs using the plugin ePub Merge.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
crchtlvr81

Thanks so much. I will try that plug in and hopefully that helps