Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. Sellers View Post
... which would make the iPad more viewable in direct sunlight to viewers wearing polarized sunglasses."
more viewable? That's not saying much since you can't really see it at all now. I would prefer fully viewable.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #17
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaza View Post
Think big. iEyeballs.

... iEyes?
Exactly like the eyePhone

m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #18
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Exactly like the eyePhone
No, no, you want something classy, something that can be turned on by iCufflinks:

Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Yet. More. Expensive Proprietary. Accessories.

Still. Pass.

Last edited by lestatar; 06-24-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Edited to add...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #20
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Maybe you can chose for an E-ink ereader instead of a tablet. So you can read comfortable in bright sunlight.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #21
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
I really like the ipad, a great device and far superior to all android tablets until today.
But for reading any modern e-ink device is better. I dislike the trend to put everything into one device. I'm glad that amazon delivers some competition to apple, that they are sticking to e-ink (that said waiting for the amazon android tablet lol...) and that they are producing a mass-market e-ink device.
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
more viewable? That's not saying much since you can't really see it at all now. I would prefer fully viewable.
And if you don't own nor want polarized sunglasses, you're screwed as well. I hate sunglasses. And I most certainly never wear them while reading. The only time I'll wear sunglasses is when I'm driving or skiing...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #23
Aladyleyna
Zealot
Aladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notes

Device: iPad 1
I would actually be happier about this since I actually use my iPad as an e-reader, but unfortunately, Apple accessories cost a lot, and I'm not sure whether I would be willing to spend more, since the iPad is (in my opinion that is) already quite expensive.

Maybe if eink readers someday become possible in my location, I could make the switch to that but unfortunately, I would end up loosing all the books stored in my iPad.

Gah, I guess I don't have much of a choice but to suck my thumb and deal with it.
Aladyleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #24
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
This is not going to be in the iPad 3, or likely any iPad. Companies like Apple produce thousands of patents a year; they encourage their employees to patent what they invent. Only very few of them end up in actual products, and you really can't tell what's going to be in a new apple product by looking at patent filings.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #25
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
Quote:
Only very few of them end up in actual products, and you really can't tell what's going to be in a new apple product by looking at patent filings.
Absolutely true, this is all wild guessing. You can count on a higher resolution with the ipad3, that would make it a better ereader - but i don't believe in any sunlight solution.
Quote:
I would end up loosing all the books stored in my iPad
Why is that?
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #26
Aladyleyna
Zealot
Aladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notes

Device: iPad 1
Why is that?

Well... If I change to a dedicated reader, I wouldn't be able to access the books in my iPad. Especially since I'm the kind of person that buys another device only when the one I'm using conks out, which means that without an iPad, I won't be able to access my books.

I sure hope that isn't the case though.

But I guess if Apple isn't going to use that patent, then I guess I won't have to worry so much. Though it would be nice if they came up with something even more effective than the anti-glare screen to reduce glare when reading.
Aladyleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #27
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyleyna View Post
I would actually be happier about this since I actually use my iPad as an e-reader, but unfortunately, Apple accessories cost a lot, and I'm not sure whether I would be willing to spend more, since the iPad is (in my opinion that is) already quite expensive.
One thing that commonly happens is that when Apple releases accessories, you get knockoffs. I don't know if this is too expensive an item to make a Chinese knockoff of, but that's where I would expect it to go, if it's economical.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #28
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
And if it rains there are special instruments that ensure your ink won't run. Like a laminating machine.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyleyna View Post

Maybe if eink readers someday become possible in my location, I could make the switch to that but unfortunately, I would end up loosing all the books stored in my iPad.

Gah, I guess I don't have much of a choice but to suck my thumb and deal with it.
Hello fellow Singaporean,

I'm going against well-meaning advice and getting the Nook shipped from the US anyway, decided not to even wait for my friend to get back. Anyway how do you read on your iPad? I always feel like I'm reading from a children's book whenever I come into contact with my friend's iPad.

Why would you lose your books? I have multiple copies of my e-books in case my iPhone goes to gadget-heaven. Anyway there are apparently some apps that sync your last-read page across your gadgets? I would advise further but I have no idea since I don't read books on my MacBook.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #30
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And if you don't own nor want polarized sunglasses, you're screwed as well. I hate sunglasses. And I most certainly never wear them while reading. The only time I'll wear sunglasses is when I'm driving or skiing...
To piggyback on this statement:

Even if the glasses let you see the display perfectly in all lighting conditions, the cure is worse than the disease. Having to wear glasses to use a tablet is just a little bit ridiculous.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, reading, tablet