Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
copy from one Calibre library to another

Is there an easy way to copy a book from one Calibre library to another? I wanted two libraries because right now I do a lot of reformatting that I hope I won't have to do once I find a good 9 or 10 inch device. I actually set the font size to 30 now! So the second library without the reformatting would then become my main Library once I get a new device. Or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to accomplish this, that would be great.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Is there an easy way to copy a book from one Calibre library to another? I wanted two libraries because right now I do a lot of reformatting that I hope I won't have to do once I find a good 9 or 10 inch device. I actually set the font size to 30 now! So the second library without the reformatting would then become my main Library once I get a new device. Or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to accomplish this, that would be great.
Highlight (select)
Right-click on them
Copy to Library (2 choices there)

Assumes you already have a second library on that machine
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - that was just too easy. I always forget to check what's available on a right mouse click.

Actually, my libraries aren't on the same machine - I have calibre installed on 2 machines and the library is on a server so I can access the library no matter which machine I am using.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks - that was just too easy. I always forget to check what's available on a right mouse click.

Actually, my libraries aren't on the same machine - I have calibre installed on 2 machines and the library is on a server so I can access the library no matter which machine I am using.
But it was available on the same machine

Remember, don't ever try and access the same library that way, from 2 places at the same time. results may happen

Cute Kitty
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Well since I can't be two places at one time, I won't be accessing it from two places at once. Unless of course I leave the library open on one machine and forget and open it again on the other one later - which I may have done.

Cute Kitty is Marbles - who just crawled up on me again. At least I'm at the desktop and not my laptop - makes it a little easier to type. But she's not feeling well so I can't kick her off.
Advert