Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
fleon
fleon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
libprs500 4.33 not seeing reader

I had libprs500 0.4.32 running happily. Then I upgraded to 0.4.33 and now I can't see my reader in the program.

I've tried deleting the device drivers, rebooting, uninstalling libprs, reinstalling libprs. All to no avail. Anyone with this problem or suggestions?

Does anyone have an earlier copy that I might be able to try?
fleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There was a bug i've re-uploaded the installer. Try re-installing 0.4.33
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
fleon
fleon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Hurrah. Much thanks.
fleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There was a bug i've re-uploaded the installer. Try re-installing 0.4.33
When I updated to 4.33, all the content I had in the program was gone, it was still on the Hard Disk but gone from the program, should this happen?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No it most definitely should not. Are you saying that the books in the library are no longer there?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No it most definitely should not. Are you saying that the books in the library are no longer there?
Yes , funny thing is it happened on my home machine, but when I updated my work machine it did'nt happen, only have 6 books in the work library the home library had about 400
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm that's nasty. In what directory was your home library1.db located? And what OS is it?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
On a similar note I have also lost a few books in the library after applying the latest on my Mac. I only lost six books and my library is pretty small so it was easy to catch.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Did the lost books have something in common?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
I know its bolting the gate after the horse has gone but I keep a copy of library1.db on the memory card in my 505.

would be good if there were some way that perhaps libprs created an auto back up on the reader or in a select place.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The library file becomes pretty large (mine is 1GB) I doubt keeping it on the reader is a good idea. I'm still not convinced that the database is actually losing books. I'd suspect in Scarpad's case that the library1.db file was deleted/moved in which case a new blank one is automatically created and in jplumey's case he probably deleted the books himself and forgot about it.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #12
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Did the lost books have something in common?
For me, they were all part of the same series, all were converted html files, and all were imported within 5 minutes of each other.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm and did they disappear soon after they were imported? As in the very next time libprs was run, or was it after a while?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #14
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
The library file becomes pretty large (mine is 1GB) I doubt keeping it on the reader is a good idea. I'm still not convinced that the database is actually losing books. I'd suspect in Scarpad's case that the library1.db file was deleted/moved in which case a new blank one is automatically created and in jplumey's case he probably deleted the books himself and forgot about it.

yeh that is a fair point never thought about it getting that big.
I have a recent back up fortunately at all times as I now use timemachine to back up the entire machine.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote