Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #61
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
So, slightly OT--those of you who carry a device for audio books AND one for ebooks--does that mean you have more than one book going at the same time? And you just pick and decide which one to continue with depending on where you are or what you are doing?

Just curious. I RARELY listen to audio books, but I saw a lot of mention of them in the thread.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
So, slightly OT--those of you who carry a device for audio books AND one for ebooks--does that mean you have more than one book going at the same time? And you just pick and decide which one to continue with depending on where you are or what you are doing?

Just curious. I RARELY listen to audio books, but I saw a lot of mention of them in the thread.
Yes and yes. I have no problem reading/listening to several books concurrently. It's no different than watching several TV series concurrently. With books, I find it just as easy to pick up where I left off. Though I generally only do one at time.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #63
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I phone 4S and ipad Mini. On occasion where I know I'll be outdoors (beach, pool etc) I take a Kindle 4 NT.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #64
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Always in my backpack (commute to work):
* Laptop
* Note 8 (mostly for reading PDF, epub)
* Kindle (for leisure reading)
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #65
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
If only for going out for an errand or for a school bus pick-up: Note 2 and PW1

If going to my classes, or if staying overnight somewhere : the same as above plus my Note 8.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #66
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yes and yes. I have no problem reading/listening to several books concurrently. It's no different than watching several TV series concurrently. With books, I find it just as easy to pick up where I left off. Though I generally only do one at time.
It's the same for me. I tend to read a couple of chapters (or listen for a couple of hours, if it's an audiobook,) and then pick a different ebook depending on what I'm currently in the mood for. I generally always finish each ebook I'm reading eventually.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #67
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
I carry my iPhone and Kobo Mini everywhere. That way I have my books on my mini and audio books on my phone.

I am usually reading different ebooks and audiobooks. I did read the same one simultaneously this summer, but that is rare for me.

I sometimes carry my iPad with me, but only if I feel like I'll need it.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #68
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Always with me :

Samsung galaxy S4
IPod touch
Kindle paper white

Sometimes with me:

IPad mini
Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1
Kobo mini
Chromebook
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #69
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by faltradl View Post
Oh, we are playing "riddles in the dark"? My Precious...
This...

sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #70
ChamareeM
ChamareeM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
I usually carry my Kindle HD for reading and my iPhone 4 for music, internet etc.
ChamareeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #71
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
14" laptop
sony prs-350 ereader
smart phone
backup usb external battery
lighted magnifying glass
teeny turner - multiple head screwdriver
minimal first aid kit.

despite the number of items, this is a small package. the only big item is the laptop.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #72
MAT160
Enthusiast
MAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS-600
Wherever I go: Sony 350, iPhone 4s (my phone is only for calling, texting or emergency internet use) and my iPod.
MAT160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #73
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Kindle 6 inch and (about 50% of the time) my Itouch since many of the places I go to have free wifi. I can stream music while reading. I also have a cheapo Net10 phone, but it has no fancy schmancy stuff on it.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #74
Danskeron
Danskeron began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks to Marvin (the best app ever) I have read 10 books on my phone in the last month (1 twice, doctor sleep). I no longer need my nook, just my iphone, which is always with me
Danskeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #75
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post

I always have at least two books going at the same time. One on my Clip Zip and one on my PW1. Sometimes on the PW1 will take a break on one book and read another then go back to the original one. I can have several books going at one time, but usually it's only the two, the Clip Zip and the PW1.

In answer to the question of this thread, I always have my PW1, my Clip Zip and my Samsung S3 when I leave the house for any reason, except to take my dog for a walk, then I leave the PW1 at home.

If I am going to be gone overnight I will add in my tablet and netbook. Well, guess that doesn't even have to be overnight! Last Saturday I went to my DD's house to babysit 3 grandkids for several hours. I took everything!
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote