Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Hello Everyone

My name is Charlie I've been lurking on this forum for years. Never posted before now as I admin another forum www.rx8club.com which took quite a bit of my time. But now I've started a new business selling ereaders I figured Id best make time for MobileRead.

We've just started selling the PocketBook line. I actually was thinking of this for most of the last year and finally made the commitment to start this business after seeing charbax's video of computex back in June. I knew I was going to want that 5 inch design for myself and thought "I should sell it too"

What was so intriguing about it was that I had drawn a similar design myself- minimal side mounted buttons, auto rotate etc and had seen a couple designed by Holly Gates for E-ink as well.

If you haven't seen Holly's site its http://positron.org/projects/ He works for E-ink designing hardware for their developer kits. Check out the H2 and the Bluechute.

After spending about an hour yesterday and some time this morning with the 360 I've got to say its my favorite thing to read on. currently I have the 301 the 360 the Aztak Pocket Pro 5 and the Boox. the Boox is a fantastic device but I am really comfortable already with the 360.

My 5 year old son is having a blast with it to- he is not only reading on it but of course has already found the games and loves playing the "ship battle.

I do have a couple of device Ideas in mind I haven't seen yet so hopefully the business picks up enough to allow those to become reality. i was beginning work on one a year and a half ago and and managed thru some connections to talk with J.D. Albert. He is one of the guys that started E-ink and let me know that what i wanted wasn't possible yet. I think we are still a year away really but Im glad to see e-ink taking off finally since Ive been a fan since I first heard about it .

Any- Im rambling now.I hope you'll forgive any typos. Im quite famously a horrible typer. Glad to be here I hope you all will consider my site a s aplace to look for your next ereader www.dulinsbooks.com.

I hope to be aresource for the community and am glad to finally be here talking about two of my favorite subjects- books and gadgets.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hello charlie and welcome to the forum ! it's great to have you here. thanks very much for the link to holly's site ; i hope one day the bluechute will be manufactured as a fully-featured device, i love the look of it. i'm really tempted by the pocketbook 360 as well so it's great to hear you are so happy with it (i will have to look into price of shipping to france, the dollar really cheap right now, it could be possible... ).

it sounds like you've got quite a bit of background on this technology so i look forward to your participation in the discussions here ! just jump in, you'll see we are a friendly bunch.

happy reading !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hello charlie and welcome to the forum ! it's great to have you here. thanks very much for the link to holly's site ; i hope one day the bluechute will be manufactured as a fully-featured device, i love the look of it. i'm really tempted by the pocketbook 360 as well so it's great to hear you are so happy with it (i will have to look into price of shipping to france, the dollar really cheap right now, it could be possible... ).

it sounds like you've got quite a bit of background on this technology so i look forward to your participation in the discussions here ! just jump in, you'll see we are a friendly bunch.

happy reading !
You can order Pocktbook 360 ° in Germany, in late November to begin official sales. Price truth will be higher, but you will not pay customs duties, Unit Stake shipping will also be lower.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Charlie and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Charlie, welcome to MobileRead!
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thanks for the warm welcome
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi Charlie, and Click image for larger version

Name:	rock_welcome_big.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	38753 to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote