Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #7426
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Unbreakable security.
Is this one of those "it keeps the honest people honest" type of setups?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #7427
steven522
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I took my nephew out to buy him his first beer.

We went into the bar and I bought him a Bud but he refused to drink it. Not wanting to waste it, I drank it and bought a different beer for him. He didn't like Miller, either. I drank it and bought another. It turns out he didn't like Fosters or Heineken or any of the various micro brews the bar carried and I kept drinking them for him.

By the time I gave up trying to find him a beer he liked I could barely push his stroller back home.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #7428
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I went to a vegetarian restaurant last night, and when I'd finished the waiter asked, "How was your meal, sir?"

"It was very nice," I replied. "My compliments to the gardener."
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #7429
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #7430
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Not really a joke, just something amusing.

Nursing home recreates famous scenes

Now I have the urge to see Breakfast at Tiffany's once more. I love that film, and Hepburn, so much I will tolerate Micky Rooney.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nursing-home-03.ss_full.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	118402  
Old 01-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #7431
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
After an examination, the doctor said to Frank: 'You appear to be in good health. Do you have any medical concerns you would like to ask me about?'

'In fact, I do.' said Frank. "After my wife Jeannie and I have sex, I'm usually cold and chilly . . . and then, after I have sex with her the second time, I'm usually hot and sweaty."

When the doctor examined Jeannie later he said, 'Everything appears to be fine. Are there any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?'

Jeannie replied that she had no questions or concerns. The doctor then said to her: 'Well, Frank mentioned an unusual problem. He claimed that he was usually cold and chilly after having sex with you the first time . . . and then hot and sweaty after the second time. Do you have any idea why?'

"Oh, that crazy old bastard Frank!!!'' Jeannie replied. 'That's because the first time is usually in January, and the second time is in August.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #7432
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked my wife what women really wanted. She replied, "attentive lovers." Or maybe she said, "a tent of lovers." I wasn't really listening...

Stitchawl
Old 01-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #7433
steven522

In the Southern USA a sign that snow may be coming is the utter lack of milk and bread on the store shelves.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #7434
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Better than rocking horses!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #7435
Stitchawl
Opsimath

(For the non-Jews, mezuzah is A mezuzah is a piece of paper contained in a decorative case inscribed with specified Hebrew verses from the Torah; the Jewish prayer "Shema Yisrael", beginning with the phrase: "Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is One" and is affixed to the doorframe in Jewish homes. It's that little thing about 2"-3" long and 1/2" wide stuck on the side of the doorway to a house.)

A mezuzah man who has finally made it in business treats
himself to a new Lamborghini! After buying it, he feels guilty
so he goes to the Orthodox Rabbi and asks for a mezuzah for the
Lamborghini.
"You want a mezuzah for what?" the Rabbi asks.
"It's a Lamborghini,"
"What's a Lamborghini?" asks the Rabbi.
"A sports car."
"What? That's blasphemy!" the Rabbi shouts. "You want a mezuzah
for a sports car? Go to the conservatives!"
Well, the man is disappointed, but goes to the conservative Rabbi
and asks for a mezuzah.
"You want a mezuzah for what?" the Rabbi asks.
"For my Lamborghini", the man replies.
"What's a Lamborghini?" asks the Rabbi.
"A car, a sports car."
"What kind of sports car?" asks the Rabbi.
"Italian."
"What? That is blasphemy!" the Rabbi shouts.
You want a mezuzah for a Goyishe car? Go to the Reform!"
Again, the man feels guilty and disappointed, but goes to the
Reform Rabbi.
"Rabbi," he asks, "I'd like a mezuzah for my Lamborghini."
"You have a Lamborghini?" asks the Rabbi.
"You know what it is?" says the man.
"Of course! It's a fantastic Italian sports car. What's a mezuzah?"

Stitchawl
Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #7436
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Oh that deserves karma but it won't me give you any. Please accept some virtual karma.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #7437
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
[I](For the non-Jews, mezuzah is A mezuzah is a piece of paper contained in a decorative case inscribed with specified Hebrew verses from the Torah; the Jewish prayer "Shema Yisr

. . . .

"Of course! It's a fantastic Italian sports car. What's a mezuzah?"

Stitchawl

For requiring a preamble explanation and length: D

For comic payoff: A

There are a lot more of these at this web site: http://www.honestslogans.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hidden valley ranch.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	118486  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #7438
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I have enough money to live very comfortably for the rest of my life...
... as long as I die a week from Tuesday.

Stitchawl
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #7439
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

How is it possible?

Old 01-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #7440
Stitchawl
Opsimath

A Hasidic man, with a long beard, payis (earlocks), a kaftan (a long black coat), and shtreiml (the traditional fur hat worn by Chassidic Jews), walks into a bar with a multi-colored parrot on his shoulder.
The bartender says: "Where'd you get that?"
The parrot replies: " Brooklyn . There's thousands of them."

Stitchawl