Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I have transitioned from a K1 -- with an m-Edge Executive cover and illuminator light -- to a K3. I have not purchased a cover for the K3 yet. Trying to decide between the Amazon cover, which I assume is a bit heavy, and a new m-Edge. Since I already have the illuminator light, I was thinking I might like a cover with a zipper, so I was thinking about the Capital Jacket, if it ever appears. Or I could get a new Executive Jacket.... I just can't decide. The illuminator is an OK light, particularly now that the screen is lighter in color.

What to do....what to do....
Absolutely not heavy.......... was surprised about that
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipc View Post
Thanks all. I wish I too had bought the lighted cover. Now I'm stuck with the 39 dollar cover and no light.
I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that you purchased the Kindle non-lighted cover from Amazon. Can't you return the non-lighted cover and get the lighted cover? I believe you have a 30 day window in which to return most items purchased on Amazon - although I think you need to have the original packaging. And if you are returning it to exchange it for the lighted cover, they may even waive the "original packaging" stipulation. Email customer service and see what they have to say....

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I just have the non lighted cover and a Mighty Brite Xtra Flex, which perfectly suits my needs. Picked up the light for $10.99 at BN and couldn't be happier with the combo.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #19
gca3020
gca3020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My Fiancé ordered the Verso Clip-on Reading light with hers and so far she likes it. It just clips onto an existing case. I don't know if she's tried clipping it directly to the Kindle, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Myself, I prefer my lighted case, but she just had to order a LeSportsac case because she likes the design Give me leather any day.

http://www.amazon.com/Verso-Clip--Re...4737719&sr=1-1
gca3020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Thanks all. I wish I too had bought the lighted cover. Now I'm stuck with the 39 dollar cover and no light.
Can you not return it? You have 30 days to do so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #21
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
What Harry said. The K3 hasn't even been out for 30 days yet. You should still have time to return it, and I'm sure Amazon would love having you trade up to a lighted cover. It is definitely an advantage. It's quite slick.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #22
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Absolutely not heavy.......... was surprised about that
Thanks, Grandma! Do you think it is 15 ounces? That is what is listed on the Amazon web site. The cover I have for my K1 is 7 or 8 oz, I think.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, Grandma! Do you think it is 15 ounces? That is what is listed on the Amazon web site. The cover I have for my K1 is 7 or 8 oz, I think.

k4k
I really couldn't say. I haven't anything to weigh that little.

All I know is that my K3 is now loaded into its lighted cover, and it feels light-er than when the K1 was loaded into the m-edge cover without a light.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #24
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmmm..... I guess I will email kindle CS and ask about the cover. Thanks, k4k
Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #25
dilipc
dilipc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
@Holly, Harry and Krazy4kats
I live in India and don't know how return shipping will work for me. It's expensive to ship a cover back to the US from here. (yes I did buy the unlighted cover from Amazon). If only Amazon was shipping out of india.....
dilipc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #26
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Quote:
Do you think it is 15 ounces? That is what is listed on the Amazon web site.
That's the shipping weight. There's a thread somewhere where a number of people weighed their K3 lighted covers. I think it was around 7-8 ounces but can't recall exactly.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
That's the shipping weight. There's a thread somewhere where a number of people weighed their K3 lighted covers. I think it was around 7-8 ounces but can't recall exactly.
I've just weighed mine. The Kindle itself weighs 233g; the lighted cover weighs 219g.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've just weighed mine. The Kindle itself weighs 233g; the lighted cover weighs 219g.
For those like me who use the American "ounce" weight..

233g is 8.21883 oz, 219g is 7.72499 oz.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #29
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
@Holly, Harry and Krazy4kats
I live in India and don't know how return shipping will work for me. It's expensive to ship a cover back to the US from here. (yes I did buy the unlighted cover from Amazon). If only Amazon was shipping out of india.....
dilipc: I should have taken note of your location. That does complicate things a bit, but I think you should still email Amazon CS to ask about exchanging the cover. Amazon seems to want to make all of their customers happy, which, I would hope, includes their non-domestic customers.

If the shipping back is too expensive or too much of a hassle, the light that jimplasticguy linked for us - http://www.simplyparticular.com/2010...ption-for.html - looks rather nice, IMHO, and Jim said he was quite pleased with it. If Capstone does indeed come out with a black version, that might well be the book light I want. Of course. dilipc, this may not work for you as you'll need to find a distributor that ships overseas.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #30
krazy4katz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
For those like me who use the American "ounce" weight..

233g is 8.21883 oz, 219g is 7.72499 oz.

OK, that is light. Hmmmm, my decision just got harder....

k4k