Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
madmak
madmak began at the beginning.

Device: nook
[softroot] NookLibrary does not delete books

<applicable to softrooted Nook only/>

I added some news feeds from Calibre and they showed up in the NookLibrary app. Then i deleted the feeds from device using Calibre and they were deleted from the card. The NookLibrary app still shows them in the list and surprisingly is still able to read them - it must be caching them someplace. Any idea how to delete books from NookLibrary app?

</applicable to softrooted Nook only>
madmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Try using the "Scan Folders" option.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
madmak

I did that, does not work. the deleted books still show up.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
raven312
Enthusiast
raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 2
This is probably a dumb question, but did you shut down and restart your nook, to see if that took care of it?
raven312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Hi,
There is no caching logic in it. It justs shows the files in your folders.
What about other apps? Does it show up in the my library app or Trook?
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
madmak

I found out that after rebooting, the deleted files do not show. Also if i remove the entire folder (instead of just the file), the deleted files dont show.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
Ok, I deleted the folder they were in, I turned the nook off and back on, they are still there. I can't delete the books. Why can't I delete the books? How do I make them go away? I have rescanned, I have deleted... help.. phantom books. Also I can still read the books, whats up with that?
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #8
bleugh
Enthusiast
bleugh began at the beginning.

have you an extra memory card in there?
check the news folders / other folders on that card

the stuff you have is probably present on both the internal memory and the additional card, delete both copies (use windows explorer!)..
bleugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:41 AM   #9
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Are you using a Mac?
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
Schmots
Connoisseur

I took out the second card to make sure it wasn't on both. And yes I am using a mac, so I used the terminal to look for hidden files.

ls -a

I am a unix admin.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
My nook is not softrooted, but it has the same issue, i guess it's not related to the app, but related to the firmware.
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #12
Schmots
Connoisseur

well, whats weird is the Nook library doesn't list the deleted books, only the softroot library does.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #13
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
I deleted books from sd card, and Nook library still can read them.

I guess the issue is related to firmware, ie how it deal with files, it also happens that I put new file to sd card, replaced by some 0 size file.
droople is offline   Reply With Quote