Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #211
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The issue is precisely the jumps.
It's not about having 50 or 100 sizes, but of having the *one* size you want.
Precisely THIS!!
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #212
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I like the default settings on my Kindle 4. I've never changed the font, size, margins, line spacings, etc; and never did it with the K3 and Sony 300. Default works for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #213
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Good for you. Others like to play with things more then some of us do. I would be happy if Amazon added the fonts that work well for people with dyslexia. That would actually make me very happy.

Maybe I will email Jeff Bezos...
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #214
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Good for you. Others like to play with things more then some of us do. I would be happy if Amazon added the fonts that work well for people with dyslexia. That would actually make me very happy.

Maybe I will email Jeff Bezos...
Improving accessibility with something as simple as that is definitely a worthwhile goal. I'd certainly support it. Send the email; you have nothing to lose
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #215
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I like the default settings on my Kindle 4. I've never changed the font, size, margins, line spacings, etc; and never did it with the K3 and Sony 300. Default works for me.
Personally, I'd be satisfied with kerning and leading options, a view-as-columns option, a live equation editor, several hundred fonts and the ability to add drop caps.

And I'm only half kidding!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #216
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Personally, I'd be satisfied with kerning and leading options, a view-as-columns option, a live equation editor, several hundred fonts and the ability to add drop caps.

And I'm only half kidding!
Wow, you need to be using Sigil as your reader app.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #217
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Wow, you need to be using Sigil as your reader app.
Framemaker might be a closer fit.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #218
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Precisely THIS!!
but how can we contact the clowns at b & n who have ruined a potentially great company?

i mean do these people ever read forums and understand what we want or do they surround themselves with brown nosers and [obscenity deleted - MODERATOR] telling them how great they are???

do they ever the use the devices at length?

how can we meet with these "executives?

would they even talk to a commoner?

what are their names?

i think it about time we contacted the hines and tell them exactly we want and get them to make a device which does everything.

it would be multilayer ed and an infinite options for adjustment and open source and even a way of custom designing a ereader for everyone.

the way it would work they would custom design it your satistaction if you can get another 9 people with you...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2013 at 05:37 PM.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #219
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
I gave up on nook. I am enjoying Kindle paperwhite 1st edition
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote