Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
It is enough to zip the .prc and rename the resulting .zip to .fb2.zip.

The font name "FreeSans" is definitely without spaces under linux.
Yup, got it to work now. Both custom fonts and mobi files work. :-)

But I think I'll stay with the original 2008-01-29 firmware for now:
1. FBReader doesn't seem to be able to display images, as both the cover images of fb2 files and the images I know to be in the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus prc are not displayed.
2. I don't know whether that is a problem with this particular mobi book or a general failing of either the FBReader plugin or the Mobipocket format, but it doesn't display a TOC for the book, which means that extracting the html and then using Book Designer to create an fb2 from that - which does have a proper TOC both in CoolReader and FBReader - is the better option for me.
3. The CoolReader fb2.css presents far more detailed formatting options than the FBReader ui.xml
4. The CoolReader progress bar just plain looks better IMO.

Making the association between file type and plugin in the book shelf configurable would be awesome! That way I could use FBReader for Mobipocket and CoolReader for fb2, which would be great.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post
Yup, got it to work now. Both custom fonts and mobi files work. :-)

But I think I'll stay with the original 2008-01-29 firmware for now:
1. FBReader doesn't seem to be able to display images, as both the cover images of fb2 files and the images I know to be in the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus prc are not displayed.
2. I don't know whether that is a problem with this particular mobi book or a general failing of either the FBReader plugin or the Mobipocket format, but it doesn't display a TOC for the book, which means that extracting the html and then using Book Designer to create an fb2 from that - which does have a proper TOC both in CoolReader and FBReader - is the better option for me.
3. The CoolReader fb2.css presents far more detailed formatting options than the FBReader ui.xml
4. The CoolReader progress bar just plain looks better IMO.

Making the association between file type and plugin in the book shelf configurable would be awesome! That way I could use FBReader for Mobipocket and CoolReader for fb2, which would be great.

1. FBReader plugin can display embedded jpeg and png images.
2. The TOC is integrated into the text as links, but there is no way to "click the link" yet.
(Btw, BD is windows only software and many people cannot use it.)
3. I didn't use neither FBReader nor Coolreader much, so I cannot compare the formatting options.
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #18
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Hi!

New version of fbreader-plugin is available. Hyperlink support was added.

You can activate the hyperlink selection mode by long-pressing 7 button and then choosing the apropriate link with 0/9 buttons. Pressing 'OK' will navigate to the link under cursor, pressing 'CANCEL' will leave the selection mode.

Navigation history - long-pressing 0/9 buttons.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #19
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
Hi!

New version of fbreader-plugin is available. Hyperlink support was added.

You can activate the hyperlink selection mode by long-pressing 7 button and then choosing the apropriate link with 0/9 buttons. Pressing 'OK' will navigate to the link under cursor, pressing 'CANCEL' will leave the selection mode.

Navigation history - long-pressing 0/9 buttons.
Cool! Lunohod, what's the base firmware this is implemented in? Is it the latest 24/3 version? Maybe you can post this in future announcements as well.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 AM   #20
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
Cool! Lunohod, what's the base firmware this is implemented in? Is it the latest 24/3 version? Maybe you can post this in future announcements as well.
It is still V3_20080129_LIB1503_2.zip, but I will try to modify the recent one.
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
hamugua
hamugua began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin V3
hello lunohod,I come from china,and very thanks for your plugin,i use your plugin to set my own font,it's very useful!but i have some problems.
1、I use microsoft yahei font,but when i restart my V3,that font could't be use,then i take out and put in my sd card ,then the font is in use.
2、I don't know how to set the paragraph space,how to set left/right/top/bottom margin.
3、When i look a txt,the plugin can't switch the paragraph.
Thanks very much!
hamugua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #22
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamugua View Post
hello lunohod,I come from china,and very thanks for your plugin,i use your plugin to set my own font,it's very useful!but i have some problems.
1、I use microsoft yahei font,but when i restart my V3,that font could't be use,then i take out and put in my sd card ,then the font is in use.
2、I don't know how to set the paragraph space,how to set left/right/top/bottom margin.
3、When i look a txt,the plugin can't switch the paragraph.
Thanks very much!
Hi!

1. there is a bug in the bookshelf application, when sd card is mounted, the folder names are sometimes written in uppper case and sometimes in lower case.

2. I suggest you to install FBReader on your pc, there are windows and linux versions available. You can setup these settings in FBReader and then you will see the changes in the ui.xml (it is in ~/.FBReader/ui.xml under linux).

3. Do you mean that txt files are not being reformatted? I don't know if this feature is already supported in FBReader.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #23
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
I've added a brief writeup to the OpenInkpot wiki at http://openinkpot.org/wiki/How can I install FBReader

It's not quite complete, as need to bug LunohoD and check a few details, but feel free to jump in & clean it up!
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
marsal
marsal began at the beginning.

Device: lbook V3
Hi,
I'd like just to say hi to others here and esp. to lunohod!
For me, everything seems to work OK and this group and lunohod's solution was the final reason for me to buy lbook and not Cybook.
Well, yes, it seems that with the used patched firmware zip files are opened a bit slowly and yes, it would be nice if packing to zip would not be needed for prc, but - in general - happy now...
Best regards
marsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #25
j.robinson
j.robinson began at the beginning.

Device: lBook® eReader V3
Lunohod, Thank You your good works. I installed your last (http://www.openinkpot.org/~lunohod/V...hod_120508.zip) firmware.
It's working perfectly. I use my fonts. FBReader open .fb2 files faster as coolreader.
Hyphenation is good. (Coolreader hyphen. is terrible, with/or without *hyphen_(Alan).pdb)
I find only one error: page numbering is wrong.
j.robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #26
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.robinson View Post
I find only one error: page numbering is wrong.
FBReader's "pages" are a fixed amount of text, so they don't correspond to the pages you see on the screen.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
FBReader's "pages" are a fixed amount of text, so they don't correspond to the pages you see on the screen.
How much text?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
How much text?
2048 characters per page. This approach was originally copied from Haali reader.

Last edited by wallcraft; 05-15-2008 at 09:04 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
2048 characters per page. This approach was originally copied from Haali reader.
Thanks, that is much better than the Kindle 128 characters I think.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #30
sankar10
sankar10 began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3
FBReader port Lunohod

I am not able to pick up reading from where I left earlier. This was possible with cool reader based fw. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not implemented in FBReader. Other Than this I find most formatting is good except while rendering words like cafe and resume'.
sankar10 is offline   Reply With Quote