Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Issues with JPEGs to LRF

I have good quality pictures that I have taken of each page in a textbook using a 7.1 MPixel camera, each is about 1.2MB

(thanks to many on this forum for explaining about making a book holder - BTW I used an empty beer carton box with a six-pack of beer in the middle and I ripped off the top short end flaps and folded them as "V" shapes to hold the book in the centre of the carton with its main top long-ways flaps pointing in which all rested on the six-pack inside the carton middle so I could make the perfect holder in 30 seconds!! Problems occur with this structure when the only beer in the house is in the aforementioned six pack however.....Glass covering main photo of our wedding in frame was used to make each page flat.....I like living on the edge as well)

I have saved them as similar .jpg files without a visible loss of quality so the files take around 250KB.

Trying to convert them to LRF for the Sony Reader (I am waiting on its arrival) I have found the right settings to make a single PDF of them using JE Comics - the images are still good at this point.

I have tried pdf2lrf.exe with no settings and the resulting LRF makes the text badly blurry and totally illegible.

I also find that capacee's PDFLRF, with no change in settings, does the same.

Considering my page shots seem good to me I am at a loss how to get these onto my Sony Reader as I have exhausted all the options I could find.

Anyone got any ideas
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The 505 will view your pictures without the need to convert them to LRF or PDF. Just load them onto the reader and view away.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
shousa
Groupie

Does the Sony 505 support directories though?

If it doesn't what naming convention should I use to keep multiple books in order?

If I wanted to go to page 100 is it possible or do i need to go thru them all?

I ask because I am doing a massive amount of organising now so that when it finally arrives (505) I will be able to use it immediately.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Alphabetical works.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
shousa
Groupie

So for example for my Japanese for Busy People book I guess JBP1 - 001.jpg, would be the way to go?

I still would like to know if I have many books as JPEGS is it hard to get to page 100 of the 5th book, for example?
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
I had a diredtory of 100 Jpegs so i converted to PDF and then it created one file!
which worked fine on the 505 as a single book a lot easier to read.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
I had a diredtory of 100 Jpegs so i converted to PDF and then it created one file!
which worked fine on the 505 as a single book a lot easier to read.
I tried that already (see the first post above) and could not get it working good enough.

Could I ask you to tell me how you got good quality doing that?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Haven't done this yet but I would suspect that if you make your JPEG images the same resolution as the reader you're using, you should get better results. Having very high resolution images (higher than the resolution of the reader) just wastes memory storage.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Haven't done this yet but I would suspect that if you make your JPEG images the same resolution as the reader you're using, you should get better results. Having very high resolution images (higher than the resolution of the reader) just wastes memory storage.
I did not think of that - thanks.