Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MR Book Club: February09 book nominations
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow 5 15.15%
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow 6 18.18%
Refuge by Richard Herley 13 39.39%
Poker Without Cards: A Consciousness Thriller by Ben Mack 3 9.09%
Prague by Arthur Phillips 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #46
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ok well we've got two more voters. I'm going to start linking this to new members..
Old 01-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Looks like the winner is going to be Refuge which morally is not free.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #48
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Or waiting for some decent offers of bribery before voting

Due to lack of interest, I had to vote honourably.

Just added mine to the pile for 'Refuge'.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #49
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why are you finding so many issues with this month? This is supposed to be fun. The author said we could read his book for free. I feel like you are really bumming this out.

Sparrow- thanks for finally voting! And with a whole two days (I think) before it ends
Old 01-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #50
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

And which I, and I doubt anyone else, have no problem with.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #51
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Sparrow- thanks for finally voting! And with a whole two days (I think) before it ends
I just couldn't take the pressure no more.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #52
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I just couldn't take the pressure no more.
Now just imagine if you had been needed for a tie breaker, like you originally planned. THAT would have been pressure
Old 01-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, at the very least, Mr. Herley will have a few extra bucks in his pocket at the end of this month.

What could be bad about that?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I guess you didn't follow the nomination thread? I originally disallowed this nomination due to the book not being free. But the author Mr. Herley posted that the MRBC is welcome to read the book without paying for it.

BOb
Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #55
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Due to lack of interest, I had to vote honourably.

Just added mine to the pile for 'Refuge'.
See - if you'd held out... I would've bribed you to vote Refuge as that was my second choice, and as we could only vote for one...
Old 01-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #56
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
See - if you'd held out... I would've bribed you to vote Refuge as that was my second choice, and as we could only vote for one...
- see, I knew I cracked too soon.

If it was me, I'd think I was entitled to the bribe anyway; otherwise I'd have a guilty conscience and difficulty sleeping.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #57
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
- see, I knew I cracked too soon.

If it was me, I'd think I was entitled to the bribe anyway; otherwise I'd have a guilty conscience and difficulty sleeping.
But you can't bribe yourself! :looksallinnocent: But a nice warm milky drink should help with the sleeping
Old 01-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #58
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"well actually" said in an annoying and condescending voice...

You guys are free to read any book you want and create a thread about it. That was done for the Count of Monte Cristo. (Which I have on my ever growing to-read list)

BOb
Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #59
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
"well actually" said in an annoying and condescending voice...

You guys are free to read any book you want and create a thread about it. That was done for the Count of Monte Cristo. (Which I have on my ever growing to-read list)

BOb
Why don't we talk about the other books in our group discussion? Seems like a good place for it If so, I am sooo gonna jabber on about the Time Machine
Old 01-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #60
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Why don't we talk about the other books in our group discussion? Seems like a good place for it If so, I am sooo gonna jabber on about the Time Machine
You could do that. But, probably better to just do them in the reading recs forum area. You will get more participation that way.

BOb
Closed Thread