Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Lock-Up Better Now

Hmm, I had the reader lock up on me just now. I was messing with an RTF book and loaded the same book twice, which seemed to cause the lock up. No response to any controls.

I used the reset on the back which at first seemed to have no effect, but then I cycled the power switch which did cause the reset to take.

All better now, I just need to remember to delete the old version before loading a new version of a book. At least I assume that was the cause as it was the only unusual thing I did.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Mmmm, how did you manage to load same book twice? If both versions have same filename, you would overwrite old with new one (unless you put one version into Reader's memory and another on Memory Card). If the filenames are different, but titles and authors match, then it is still two different books. I did that several times already without lock-ups.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
I used the reset on the back which at first seemed to have no effect, but then I cycled the power switch which did cause the reset to take.
That's actually normal -- they specifically commented that it was a good way to leave something on the display long-term -- bring it up, and then hit the reset.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote