Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I thought so but I read somewhere on the forum that your battery looses charge when in keyboard lock so would be better to turn the device off completely if you are not going to use it for a few days

so I assumed the battery was being used maybe I misunderstood
The battery is used (very slowly) in keyboard lock mode, but not by the screen. You could turn the device off completely and still retain the screen image; as I said before, an eInk screen does not have to be powered in order to display a static image; when power is removed it continues to display whatever image it's currently showing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #32
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
An option in the settings to declare how long the processor should stay active before slipping into sleep mode.
Is there any visible way of telling that the Pocket Pro is in sleep mode? At what point does it go into sleep mode?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #33
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
It goes into sleep mode within a second or so after the page is changed and presented.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #34
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
It goes into sleep mode within a second or so after the page is changed and presented.

Chuck
And that's a good thing -- if I understand correctly, it would be akin to the way laptops slow down their CPUs to save energy when they're not running something demanding. The PP wakes up again very quickly -- as you've seen.

Not to hijack the thread, but how does that interact with mp3 playback? I am sure I've seen posts saying that mp3 drains the battery but not too quickly. So is the audio playback handled by a separate processor or in some other power-saving manner?
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post

Chuck
thanks Chuck...so I'm guessing there's no visible way of telling that the reader is in sleep mode?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #36
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
No there is not any visible way to tell that it is a sleep.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
So, when reading a Mobi file on the EZ Reader, you can select individual words, mark them, and return to them later, and an unlimited number of them? If so, what's the mechanism? Thanks!
The bookmark system on Mobi is the mechanism however you can only return to the page they are on and you can't see the marks you made so it is only limited in that there is no highlighting which is a different feature. As to the mechanism for mobi it is cumbersome. You use the 6 key (long select) to bring up the bookmark screen and then use the menu (OK) to add bookmarks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
And that's a good thing -- if I understand correctly, it would be akin to the way laptops slow down their CPUs to save energy when they're not running something demanding. The PP wakes up again very quickly -- as you've seen.

Not to hijack the thread, but how does that interact with mp3 playback? I am sure I've seen posts saying that mp3 drains the battery but not too quickly. So is the audio playback handled by a separate processor or in some other power-saving manner?
MP3 playback is all done with the same hardware. Power usage is considerably more.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #39
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
I have a couple of additional items I'd like added to the wish list:

1. Allow users to change the font from within a book for all formats that allow you to change the font.
2. Fix for mobi - When you exit a book, have the current user chosen font remembered, instead of having to reset it every time you reopen a book.

--ekaser, it looks like you picked up the font size/ability to change menu font from the other thread I mentioned this on, so I've removed them from here. Thanks!

Last edited by tamzilla; 09-15-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: remove redundant suggestions
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #40
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'd like a clock on the bottom left status bar, that's about it, and a nicer, smaller jump between E pub font sizes....
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #41
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I can't find the thread where the member's PEZ was frozen, I just wanted to make this comment.

Mine appeared to be frozen when I was playing with TTS, after punching several buttons, I HELD the EXIT button down and it came out of the freeze and returned the the bookshelf.

Hope this helps someone. I'm doing a very detailed evaluation right now. (like the Military taught me to do)

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I can't find the thread where the member's PEZ was frozen, I just wanted to make this comment.

Mine appeared to be frozen when I was playing with TTS, after punching several buttons, I HELD the EXIT button down and it came out of the freeze and returned the the bookshelf.

Hope this helps someone. I'm doing a very detailed evaluation right now. (like the Military taught me to do)

AJ
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56552
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #43
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Thanks, that was the one. I posted my "unfreeze" situation on there. Hopefully it will help.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #44
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Thanks, that was the one. I posted my "unfreeze" situation on there. Hopefully it will help.

AJ
I hope so it's never nice to have to send something back especially when it's a birthday present (even if SDRebel did buy it for him/herself...).
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #45
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

AJ
Which is the "EXIT" button?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote