Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Fixed layout and previewing with Connect or...?

I'm trying to convert a train schedule to LRF so I can have it with me. The schedule is laid out in a fixed font and...well it's getting mangled I think because it's not fitting in portrait mode.

I'd like to preview it landscape if I could, is there a way to do this on the Sony Connect software? I just realized I might be able to do it with libprs500 so I'll check there...

Anyway, back to the schedule, is it possible to do fixed layouts in a LRF? If not, what would be the best way to do this? A properly sized PDF maybe?

Thanks!
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
coleman
Connoisseur

If anyone wants to take a stab at it I'm trying to convert:
http://metrarail.com/Sched/md_n/mdn_wki.shtml

I figure one page per page will work well. Right now I'm trying to do it via a custom sized PS/PDF but it's giving me trouble.
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
If you create a PDF you can define the layout. The lazy man's way (the way I do everything) is use PDF Creator to generate it from a DOC and then use pdflrf to fix it so you can read it on the Reader in landscape. That's a really weird way to do it but you don't have to think and it probably would work.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The easiest way would be to convert it to an image sized for the reader screen. You can do fixed layouts in LRF, but there are no tools to make that happen easily. And the libprs500 viewer doesn't support preview in landscape mode at the moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
coleman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
If you create a PDF you can define the layout. The lazy man's way (the way I do everything) is use PDF Creator to generate it from a DOC and then use pdflrf to fix it so you can read it on the Reader in landscape. That's a really weird way to do it but you don't have to think and it probably would work.
Hmm how are you getting the sizing? I'm using Word and PDF Creator and I can't get it to produce a PDF that isn't sized for 8.5x11
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman View Post
Hmm how are you getting the sizing? I'm using Word and PDF Creator and I can't get it to produce a PDF that isn't sized for 8.5x11
Define the size of the paper you print to.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote