Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
Happy to be here --

I am so pleased to have discovered this forum! Everyone seems so friendly and helpful, unlike some where you get flamed if you make a comment or ask a question that doesn't please the self-appointed keepers of the flame. (I think bookophiles are just nice people by nature.) I have already gotten prompt answers to a couple of questions I posted. They were simple problems, but things I needed to know.

I got my PRS500 4 days ago. I downloaded 15 or 20 books from Project Gutenberg, formatted them in RTF, loaded the machine and began to read. Then I discovered that most of my books had already been formatted (with illustrations, linking chapter heads, correct font sizes, etc.) and made available for downloading by the good folks of this forum. They worked much better than mine, so I dumped my versions and replaced them with yours. Thanks!

I am in awe of the technical expertise of some of the folks here. I now have a clock and a page-turning joystick, thanks to Igorsk and diabloNL for the code and to Bob Russell for making the process sound easy enough for a non-techie to try!

And thanks to kovidgoyal (he of the piercing eyes) and to the folks at Docudesk for making it possible for Mac users like me to use the PRS500.

What a great forum!
jaybee
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome (formally) to MobileRead, jaybee!

We're glad to have you. I have often echoed (and probably will again) the things you've said about this community. I'm sure there must be others out there that are similarly helpful and respectful which I just don't know about.

It really is more of a community than just a forum, and that's what keeps me hangin' 'round, myself.

Cool avatar, by the way.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
jaybee, welcome to MobileRead!!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote