Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #1651
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
6, and even finding those was painful. Kobo and B&N both need help in the search engine department.

The 6 I bought were recent direct links off the Dear Author blog. My other method is to use GoodReads links from books on my wish list, but that gets tedious with my huge wishlist.
Yes Goodreads is a great site.

I like series books about the same character and Goodreads is great for that, listing the books in series order..... some stores don't show that, and since I like to buy the first in a series I refer to Goodreads to check which one that is.

Also they show the reviews for each book with the reviewers comments, again not all stores do that...
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #1652
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I bought both Ann Cleeves Vera and Shetland series--9 books--using the various 40% off codes. I love mystery series in which you really get to know the characters over time.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #1653
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I bought both Ann Cleeves Vera and Shetland series--9 books--using the various 40% off codes. I love mystery series in which you really get to know the characters over time.
Great!! Thanks for that tip (although it wasn't intended as such). I've been looking for something like that.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1654
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm showing each of those for $9.99 but nowhere to enter a code...apparently in the US we can't use a code in those. Too bad.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #1655
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I'm showing each of those for $9.99 but nowhere to enter a code...apparently in the US we can't use a code in those. Too bad.
Temporarily change your address to a UK address, or an NL address... both of my accounts show code options.
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #1656
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Hi, I purchased the Kobo Glo this season and love it. Could someone post a source for discount coupon codes that work in the US? Everyone I find says not active. Thanks.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #1657
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
For those of you who have never done so, it may be in your best interest to visit the first page of this thread. Codes are shown there, and Goat kindly updates them often.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #1658
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieknits View Post
Hi, I purchased the Kobo Glo this season and love it. Could someone post a source for discount coupon codes that work in the US? Everyone I find says not active. Thanks.
Hi Dixieknits, glad you love your Glo!

Maybe you're not putting the codes in the right place. They're not 'coupons', they're promotional codes, and thus go in the "promo code" box.

Only non-agency books accept promo codes. You can recognise these books by
a. They might list more than one price (eg. price X, reduced from price Y)
b. They might have a different decimal price than .99 (so 4.57 and not 4.99, for instance)

You can find active promo codes in the first post of this thread, as winsomnia pointed out.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #1659
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Thankyou, I was able to purchase what I wanted with the 40% code.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #1660
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Nice! Thanks
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #1661
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
So own up, how many books did you buy using BargainMoose40 ?

Somewhere between quite a few and a shiteload.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #1662
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I bought the Ann Cleeves books in Canada--where they can be discounted. I think this is the first time that I have seen a book that was non-agency priced in Canada and not in the US. The Canadian price was also lower at baseline--just under $9 a book.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #1663
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
For those of you who have never done so, it may be in your best interest to visit the first page of this thread. Codes are shown there, and Goat kindly updates them often.
Yes, and please throw G0at some karma too. He surely deserves it for his hard work.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #1664
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
Yes, and please throw G0at some karma too. He surely deserves it for his hard work.
Good thought - just done. I certainly appreciate his keeping it up to date.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #1665
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Just tried to use a discount code and, for the first time ever, checkout isn't showing me the option. My preferences are set correctly -- I can still change addresses and the payment method -- but the field for the code isn't there. I refreshed the page as well. Is the option not there for certain price-fixed books?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals