Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #1471
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Story URL
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9151786/1/Rewind
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9151786/2/Rewind
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9151786/3/Rewind

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Add
Rewind
Gravity's Child
Download epub completed, 3 chapters.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9151786/1/
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
Same story already included.
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
Same story already included.

Okay I thought I was supposed to paste all the URL(s) for the story not just the first one sorry user error plugin has no issues! LOL

Also what do I have to check off to get Calibre to make the default cover for the book it used to do that not sure way it stopped?

Last edited by KayLee; 06-07-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 06-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #1472
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
No problem. Glad we got it figured out. :-)
Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #1473
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I encouter some troubles when trying to read some stories downloaded with FFD - but only when opening them on my e-book reader, not while reading them on the PC through calibre.

An example would be this story:
http://www.walkingtheplank.org/archi...y.php?sid=3207
The e-book when opened in calibre shows the whole text, the same story exported to the reader (Sony PSR-T1) through calibre misses the first two lines (written in italic). The rest of the story is complete, even if there is text put in italics.

As far as I have noticed this happens only with text at the beginning of a story, and only those downloaded from this site (walkingtheplank).

Is there any setting in the FFD in need to change? Or is my reader somehow incompatible? I really appreciate any help with this issue, so thanks in advance for a hint.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #1474
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
http://www.walkingtheplank.org/archi...y.php?sid=3207
The e-book when opened in calibre shows the whole text, the same story exported to the reader (Sony PSR-T1) through calibre misses the first two lines (written in italic). The rest of the story is complete, even if there is text put in italics.

As far as I have noticed this happens only with text at the beginning of a story, and only those downloaded from this site (walkingtheplank).
Ebook readers (and HTML5) don't recognize the <center> tag. But many sites use it. So FFDL converts <center> to <div class="center"> and includes a style to center it. (<span class="center"> doesn't work.)

Technically, <div> tags shouldn't be inside <span>, <i>, <b>, etc tags. I think that's the source of the problem.

walkingtheplank wraps the whole story text in a <span style="font-size: 100%;"> tag. That one I can find and change to another div pretty easily. Try the attached version of the epub. If it works, that's good enough.

If it isn't, there are a couple other options I can try.

FYI, opening and saving the epub in Sigil is enough to correct the tag nesting if you don't have a whole bunch of these.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Secret of Seeing Rightly - Quill Lumos.epub (56.9 KB, 125 views)
Old 06-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #1475
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi! I've been downloading stories and I encountered a couple of problems:

1. NHA - all stories (didn't try many) I try to download I get the following error:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'nextSibling'
link: http://nha.magical-worlds.us/viewstory.php?sid=7134

2. scarvesandcoffee - I tried downloading several stories and all of them appeared with the same author (Krystaliscool)
The weirdest thing is that I already had one story from this site, with a different author (that I just noticed wasn't the correct one), but different from the one that I get today.
link: http://www.scarvesandcoffee.net/viewstory.php?sid=334
link: http://www.scarvesandcoffee.net/viewstory.php?sid=840

Thanks in advance for your work and attention.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #1476
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Hi! I've been downloading stories and I encountered a couple of problems:
It looks like the formatting for these sites has changed. I'll look into it.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #1477
doudda
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
2. scarvesandcoffee - I tried downloading several stories and all of them appeared with the same author (Krystaliscool)
The weirdest thing is that I already had one story from this site, with a different author (that I just noticed wasn't the correct one), but different from the one that I get today.
I noticed that the downloaded stories assume as author 'the newest member' shown in the site.
Also, if trying to download a series in an Anthology, the anthology will include the stories recommended above the series list.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #1478
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@doudda - Try the attached version. It should correct the problems you reported. Let me know.

UPDATE Jul 15, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-15-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 06-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #1479
doudda
Enthusiast

I tried a couple in each site and worked fine.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #1480
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.27 - 10 Jun 2013
  • Fixes for nha.magical-worlds.us and scarvesandcoffee.net.
  • Fall back category parsing for fanfiction.net when story has a broken crossover category link.
  • Restrict url list search on scarvesandcoffee.net.
  • Add 'Download as New Book?' dialog after 'Change Story URL?', fix author URLs when new author.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #1481
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

any way to make this collect fics from live journals?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #1482
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
any way to make this collect fics from live journals?
See Here.
Quote:
Sites not supported

Downloading stories from some fan fiction websites is potentially possible, but very difficult. Generally, the problem is picking the story out of the rest of the text. Some sites are just too complex - complex layout, embedded comments from readers, etc.
Too difficult as the layout makes makes it impossible to extract the story from all the other text and images on the pages

LiveJournal

We've looked at supporting LiveJournal several times now. The few example stories that we've been pointed to are not consistent enough to tell the difference between story chapters and regular blog posts.

To make ebooks of LiveJournal stories, take a look at web->ebook tools such as Squeebook.net or the GrabMyBooks? plugin for Firefox.

Another suggestion from a user is Readability.com. See the last part of this post in the FFDL PI forum for details.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #1483
KayLee
Zealot

Thanks I'm going to ask them to e-book their own fics
Old 06-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #1484
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Thanks Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FYI, another user recently ran into a somewhat similar problem using one of my other plugins.

That turned out to be a problem with the plugin-that-must-not-be-named. If you use that, you might try disabling or removing it.
It Works, Thank you for your help and that you had not forgottten my problem

Thomas
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #1485
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Ok, I've been searching and testing and frustratedly glaring at my screen all afternoon.
I know I asked awhile ago and received no answer, But does anyone have any idea of the
string used to match 2 characters(person1,person2) for the generate cover on download thingy.

ie. ${characters} => Blair => GG-BC
the above will work but if i want Blair and Chuck (shh no comments on my gg example).
How would i get it to work?
I don't want a fic that is Blair & Person2 to be generated with the BC cover. or if i swap it to Chuck, i don't want a Chuck & person2 fic to have the BC cover either.

Any suggestions?

----------------------------
Never mind...
I finally found something that worked..
-.-''

Figures that just after I post this, I'd find the answer.

This is what worked for any interested.

${characters} => (Person1.+Person2)|(Person2.+Person1) => GC_Name

Also found that it worked for "Person" AND "Person N." sooo I'd be careful if characters had similar names Eric - Erica. Might get a lil mussed up.

Last edited by Aleyst; 06-17-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Closed Thread