Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Sigil with Dark OS Themes

I recently had to build Sigil 0.5.3 from source, because of an OS issue. I'm now running Ubuntu Minimal 12.04 + XFCE (not Xubuntu).

Making it from source has been cool, lots of new features that weren't available in the previous version that I'd been sticking with for stability and workflow reasons.

But for those of us that can't stand the light blasting us in the retinas...

Is there a way to turn off line highlighting in code view? I get white-on-white, which is illegible, of course. Also, all the tooltips are using white text (proper) on a white background (not so much.)

There aren't many dark themes out of the box in 12.04, maybe 2 that seem reasonable, so it's tough to find one with different colored text.

On a related note, the shortcut editor is using black text in the third column, while the others are using the system color.

And Book View is using black text, not the system color -- there is not a single color call in the CSS, either.

If anyone has a workaround or a config that doesn't involve changing my CSS or my theme, I'd appreciate it. I include configuration for how to recompile Sigil as a possibility.

Aloha,
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Guess everyone is too busy with v.0.6.

Anyone know if this is solved there?

Aloha,
Old 06-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
For the current line highlighting, open src/Sigil/ViewEditors/CodeViewEditor.cpp, line 864:
Code:
    QColor lineColor = QColor( Qt::yellow ).lighter( COLOR_FADE_AMOUNT );
Change Qt::yellow to e.g. Qt::black, this will make the highlight background black.

If you want to disable line highlighting altogether, in the same file, comment out line 866:
Code:
    selection.format.setBackground( lineColor );
by adding // to the beginning of the line, so that it becomes:
Code:
//    selection.format.setBackground( lineColor );
then recompile Sigil.

FWIW, if you still have the directory where you previously compiled Sigil intact, just edit that file, then run make again, it'll pick up the changes and recompile only the necessary bits, i.e. you won't have to compile everything from the beginning.

AFAIK, the tooltip colours come from the colour scheme your system is using, so you have to change it there...
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
capidamonte

Hey Pal!

Thanks, seriously.

I want to just turn it off. If I change the color, then change dark themes, I'd be out of luck if the background wasn't black.

Tooltip text color is coming from system, but tooltip background is light yellow. I thought it was white b/c it's so light. It might be qt4config setting, but that is inconsistent here, among apps. I may have not installed some theme engine or something.

Anyhow, big ups to you.

Aloha,
Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The editor colors are hard coded at the moment. Fixing this is a 0.7.0 planned project. The rest of the colors should be using system settings for Qt apps.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
capidamonte

That'll be cool. I assume you also mean the code highlighting colors as well as the line highlighting and foreground/background text.

BTW, is it too late to get the line-highlight as an on/off option in v0.6? That's the only major readability issue with dark themes for me, since I don't use Book View much anyway -- and I expect that will change with the new viewer.

Aloha,

Tags
color, configure, sigil, theme