Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #32
jmss70
jmss70 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
If I could know where the update will be schedulled (aproximately) I would be more confident ....
jmss70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmss70 View Post
If I could know where the update will be schedulled (aproximately) I would be more confident ....
It was expected to be released in March. A friend contacted the store in Poland she bought from and was told it will take another three weeks at the least.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #34
BCotton
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i enjoy reading on mine , i even use the ir for page turning.
I tried using the IR button the last few days and I like it so far, being right handed. Only it is too easy to accidentally change the font size, wish there was a way to lock the font size.

Quote:
i would like to see at least one more update to fix one or two "issues"
The "merge sketch" feature could be useful. I hope they implement it in firmware 1.7.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #35
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

a little practice and ive managed not to do that any more. but it was annoying at first.

i would like the merge sketch to work and for it to use less power when sleeping and for it to not loose my page when sleeping.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #36
BCotton
Connoisseur

I miss the standby feature, takes too long to start up. The problem with battery life was present in the firmware dated August 18. I heard that it is still present in the test firmware version 1.7 and they are trying to fix it.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #37
BCotton
Connoisseur

Quote:
...and for it to not loose my page when sleeping.
It remembers the page if you allow it to auto-shutdown, even if the book is on the SD card. I have set it to shutdown after 30 mins of inactivity. It does not work with a manual shutdown.

I feel this functions almost like sleep, except it takes longer to start up.

Last edited by BCotton; 04-09-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #38
ozonorojo
ozonorojo began at the beginning.

Device: None

Last edited by ozonorojo; 11-09-2016 at 11:00 PM.
ozonorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #39
BCotton
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozonorojo View Post
So one month later, we still don't have any new firmware for the M90, do we? I've seen there are newer versions for the M92, but it seems like Onyx is just dumping anyone who supported them by buying the M90 early after release. Good move. I'm certainly not recommending them to anyone in the future.
Looks like that move paid off. But I wonder about the quality of the hardware. If it is not dead pixels, it is something else.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #40
longchuai
longchuai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
Looks like that move paid off. But I wonder about the quality of the hardware. If it is not dead pixels, it is something else.
The IR-sensor is another problem. But to me, the main problem is the unstable firmware, which is solvable but unsolved.
longchuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #41
BCotton
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by longchuai View Post
The IR-sensor is another problem. But to me, the main problem is the unstable firmware, which is solvable but unsolved.
I have not had problems with the IR button, no more random pageturns. I was talking about the M92 having hardware problems. I do not remember reading about such problems with the M90. But then, they did not sell many M90s.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #42
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
I have not had problems with the IR button, no more random pageturns. I was talking about the M92 having hardware problems. I do not remember reading about such problems with the M90. But then, they did not sell many M90s.
If you mean the "dead pixels" issue - it was discovered by just a couple of devices and we have replaced those devices. But during inspecting them some days later what a surprise - the problem was gone. We could not discover no one sole "dead" pixel! I am pretty sure it was because of cold transport - the eink just needed some time to be "fluid" again...
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #43
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
"Back" and "Menu" capacitive buttons inoperable!

Booxtor, have you heard of a fault in which the "back" and "menu" capacitive buttons on the M90 just suddenly cease registering contacts? I am extremely frustrated by Onyxboox.com (the USA reseller).
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #44
ozonorojo
ozonorojo began at the beginning.

Device: None

Last edited by ozonorojo; 11-09-2016 at 11:00 PM.
ozonorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #45
Dulin's Books
Wizard

i suspect it would be humidity rather than temperature. i have not experienced it however here near Protland Oregon where it is quite wet but actually not very high humidity most of the time