Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Clip-on Light

Been searching around for a light suitable for the PRS-T1 and cannot find any, in the UK at least. Does anyone know if the cheapish ones for sale on Ebay for the Kindle will fit ok?
Thanks.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmartin View Post
Been searching around for a light suitable for the PRS-T1 and cannot find any, in the UK at least. Does anyone know if the cheapish ones for sale on Ebay for the Kindle will fit ok?
Thanks.
I was in WHSmith the other day and they had a very neat and featherlight item for sale at £6.99. It runs on 3 x AG3 (LR41) tiny disc batteries. I already have a Mighty Bright but couldn't resist getting one of these on impulse. It's called 'The Really Tiny Book Light' and comes in several colours.

I've no idea how long the batteries will last. If you're near a WHS you might like to give it the hands-on once-over.

It's also on sale at Amazon if you want to get a quick view of what it looks like
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'll have a look in WHS when I'm in town tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I was in WHSmith the other day and they had a very neat and featherlight item for sale at £6.99. It runs on 3 x AG3 (LR41) tiny disc batteries. I already have a Mighty Bright but couldn't resist getting one of these on impulse. It's called 'The Really Tiny Book Light' and comes in several colours.

I've no idea how long the batteries will last. If you're near a WHS you might like to give it the hands-on once-over.

It's also on sale at Amazon if you want to get a quick view of what it looks like
I think that they sell those in Waterstones as well in case WHS don't have them.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Because of the beveled back edge of the PRS-T1, any clip-on lights I had wouldn't clamp on properly unless the reader was in a cover.

Rather than buy a standard cover so that I could use one of my clip-on lights, I ended up just buying the lighted cover a week ago when I found it at a $20 discount.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Because of the beveled back edge of the PRS-T1, any clip-on lights I had wouldn't clamp on properly unless the reader was in a cover.
Yes, I should have made that clear in my post. The 'Tiny' light will only clip to a cover not directly to the T1.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Gilmartin
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

Rather than buy a standard cover so that I could use one of my clip-on lights, I ended up just buying the lighted cover a week ago when I found it at a $20 discount.
Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I'll need to wait for someone to produce a suitable light. Or find a lighted case at a reasonable price.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I'll need to wait for someone to produce a suitable light. Or find a lighted case at a reasonable price.
I got my lighted cover for $40 US Dollars from Adorama. I don´t like the finish, mostly plastic, only with a tiny side of adhesive leather. But the light is great, and it doesn´t add much weight so I think it´s worth the cost (and the hassle)
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks.
I have a suggestion to make. Instead of looking for a clip-on light, just get a light cover.

http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-read...ight-p-71.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
_PK_
_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1
At Costco in Canada (BC) I bought a two pack of lights for $9.99. They work great and easily clip directly on the PRS-T1 (operates on 1 AAA battery).

_PK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Waterstones on Ebay are doing the verso arc for £13 delivered. Its a good light, is rechargeable and fits the T1 well - this thread has some pics
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160741

Its not cheap but it works well. Some of the pound shops sell clip on lights but don't know if they are any good.

Last edited by gari189; 01-23-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: ?
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
Gilmartin
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gari189 View Post
Waterstones on Ebay are doing the verso arc for £13 delivered. Its a good light, is rechargeable and fits the T1 well - this thread has some pics
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160741

Its not cheap but it works well. Some of the pound shops sell clip on lights but don't know if they are any good.
Thank you, that looks like it will suit me. I wonder if they are available in store? I will be near a Waterstones in a day or so, I'll go in and have a look.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Thank you, that looks like it will suit me. I wonder if they are available in store? I will be near a Waterstones in a day or so, I'll go in and have a look.
Its unlikely. My local store have removed all ereaders and accessories until their own Waterstones model is launched which is why they are selling off the accessories on their ebay store......
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
Gilmartin
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gari189 View Post
Its unlikely. My local store have removed all ereaders and accessories until their own Waterstones model is launched which is why they are selling off the accessories on their ebay store......
That makes sense. I've just had a look at Amazon and they are selling the Verso at 34.99 - so it really is a bargain at Waterstones.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #15
Gilmartin
Zealot

Just back from Waterstones, as stated above no lights on sale there. WH Smith do have the Verso small clip on light, at a fiver more than on Ebay. I'll be ordering the Verso Arc from Ebay on Monday.