Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #496
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is a bug in the last release that meant attempts to run in batch mode would fail.

It sounds as if you set a Destination folder? This is not required in Default mode. It should not even be possible to set that value in that mode, but depending on what release you are using it might have accidentally be allowed. That would tie up with the error message as the Library folder and Destination folder cannot be the same.

The destination folder should only be allowed in Publish mode - and in such a case you DO want books to be copied.

Note that the steps listed in the progress dialog are always the same. Ones that are not appropriate to the mode are skipped over (one can tell by the execution time for the phase being zero).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #497
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There is a bug in the last release that meant attempts to run in batch mode would fail.

It sounds as if you set a Destination folder? This is not required in Default mode. It should not even be possible to set that value in that mode, but depending on what release you are using it might have accidentally be allowed. That would tie up with the error message as the Library folder and Destination folder cannot be the same.

The destination folder should only be allowed in Publish mode - and in such a case you DO want books to be copied.

Note that the steps listed in the progress dialog are always the same. Ones that are not appropriate to the mode are skipped over (one can tell by the execution time for the phase being zero).
Thanks for the quick reply. All as you described. I noticed one site v3 release notes saying windows command line bug fixed, but could not find the download.

Is it pending?
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #498
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We have not yet made a v3 release although it should not be long now.

If you are really eager then you can follow the instructions for building from source as that would always get the latest fixes (and enhancements).
Old 12-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #499
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
We have not yet made a v3 release although it should not be long now.

If you are really eager then you can follow the instructions for building from source as that would always get the latest fixes (and enhancements).
Thanks. I can wait. I know my technical limits ....
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #500
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Is there any documentation on customizing the catalog structure? I looked around, but it wasn't obvious. For example, currently, when I generate a catalog, under tags, the structure of the catalog is further defined books by letters, then further on. Instead, I would like to be able to generate a catalog that would look like: tags>list of all books with that tag including their comments/blurb (+/- cover) so that I can scan a whole section of tagged books to see which on I want to read/dl instead of working with several more layers of links. Thanks for any pointers.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #501
itimpi
Wizard

You cannot change the structure - but you can change the values for the number of books it take to trigger splitting to another level. It sounds as if you basically want a flat structure so increase this value from its default value. Setting it to a very large value would effectively suppress the splitting by letter. Note, however that this is a global setting so would also affect other sections of the catalog, not just the Tags related section.

If the User Guide is not clear on how the split type settings work, then please let us know what it would take to make it clearer?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #502
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
You cannot change the structure - but you can change the values for the number of books it take to trigger splitting to another level. It sounds as if you basically want a flat structure so increase this value from its default value. Setting it to a very large value would effectively suppress the splitting by letter. Note, however that this is a global setting so would also affect other sections of the catalog, not just the Tags related section.

If the User Guide is not clear on how the split type settings work, then please let us know what it would take to make it clearer?
That makes sense. I increased the split file limit and that helped. I still miss having the blurb next to the cover/title when browsing all the books, but I am extremely grateful for all the work and effort you guys have done.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #503
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
That makes sense. I increased the split file limit and that helped. I still miss having the blurb next to the cover/title when browsing all the books, but I am extremely grateful for all the work and effort you guys have done.
That not being present is a bug!

For the next release you DO get a short summary showing series info (if relevant) and the start of the book comments. In fact you can even control the maximum length of summary information to be shown.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #504
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Is there some setting to change so that all authors are on one page? Currently in my catalog, I have my authors splitting by letter then, for example, with authors beginning with w I have 13 pages of names, so if I want Janny Wurts I have to go next through each page until I get to the end. I'd actually prefer on long list of w authors instead. An alternative would be to have on the w page a subset of links like wa-wel, wek-... (hope that makes sense) so that yu can jump straight to the page you need.

Cheers
Cam
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #505
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
Is there some setting to change so that all authors are on one page? Currently in my catalog, I have my authors splitting by letter then, for example, with authors beginning with w I have 13 pages of names, so if I want Janny Wurts I have to go next through each page until I get to the end. I'd actually prefer on long list of w authors instead. An alternative would be to have on the w page a subset of links like wa-wel, wek-... (hope that makes sense) so that yu can jump straight to the page you need.

Cheers
Cam
You can change the ammount of items on one page.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #506
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post

Cheers
Cam
As was mentioned, you can change the page size if you want large pages. Large pages tend to be OK on PC class devices with large screens, but not so good on mobile devices.

With the next release, you can also further sub-divide letters so you can get Authors Starting with Wa, Wu and so on which speeds up navigation, particularly on smaller screen devices. There seems to be no universal trade-off that everyone likes between the value that triggers splitting and the page size so you need to experiment to see which values suit your personal preferences.

Last edited by itimpi; 01-09-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #507
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Thanks for that. I'll have a play and see what works best. I'll look forward to the sub divisions. Any idea how long before the next release is out?
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #508
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
As was mentioned, you can change the page size if you want large pages. Large pages tend to be OK on PC class devices with large screens, but not so good on mobile devices.

With the next release, you can also further sub-divide letters so you can get Authors Starting with Wa, Wu and so on which speeds up navigation, particularly on smaller screen devices. There seems to be no universal trade-off that everyone likes between the value that triggers splitting and the page size so you need to experiment to see which values suit your personal preferences.
While messing around with the latest build (built from source), I note that titles beginning with "The " are once again grouped under "Th". That is, you've lost the ability to ignore noise words once again.

Still waiting to see whether the same is true for series names.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #509
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
While messing around with the latest build (built from source), I note that titles beginning with "The " are once again grouped under "Th". That is, you've lost the ability to ignore noise words once again.

Still waiting to see whether the same is true for series names.

Xenophon
I was not aware that there was any code that did this? However as I normally suppress the generation of the All Books catalog section on my own library I guess it would not stand out. So that this gets properly tracked can you please raise it as a issue on the Calibre2opds issues register at http://calibre2opds.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/. It is not an area of code that I am familiar with or have worked on so it is a good idea that fixing it does not get overlooked. If you built from source then please note in the report the revision number that you used.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #510
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
I was not aware that there was any code that did this? However as I normally suppress the generation of the All Books catalog section on my own library I guess it would not stand out. So that this gets properly tracked can you please raise it as a issue on the Calibre2opds issues register at http://calibre2opds.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/. It is not an area of code that I am familiar with or have worked on so it is a good idea that fixing it does not get overlooked. If you built from source then please note in the report the revision number that you used.
Done. Although the library sort issue turns out to be a new feature request (or bug report). It's actually calibre itself that got this fix at my request; I was confused when I thought that Calibre2opds had this capability. Although, IMHO, it obviously should.

While I was submitting that issue, I also filed reports on a couple of NPEs I encountered while messing around (one with a possible patch).

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote