Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
Almagne
Enthusiast
Almagne began at the beginning.

Outlook type email downloading

Hello All,

I've had my iLiad for about a week and think it's great. It is mostly used for reading papers and documents in PDF and some large html files. The scribbles in the PDF is great, although I have not yet merged and printed one yet.

So here is my question. Can the iLiad have an Outlook Express type program that can use the WiFi or ethernet to download email? Also, could this application access an hotmail account, or would that be too different for a single, simple application to do.

Here is why. I currently have two email accounts. A personal hotmail account and an account for my job that's tied to my company's web site, i.e. johndoe@company.com. Boy, it would be great if those emails could by sucked right down into the iLiad and viewed offline.

I suspect an outlook express type application would not be too difficult.

Thanks,
Almagne
Almagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:35 AM   #2
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Nobody has ported an application that does this to the iLiad, yet.

Search for "sylpheed" on this forum, then search for scotty (in the most literal meaning of the word...
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert