Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
ladyloriana
ladyloriana began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I move Calibre to a new laptop?

I'm getting a new laptop soon, and I want to move over my Calibre library from my current laptop. How do I transfer my customizations of the Calibre interface and my book data so nothing is lost?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Windows 7, Calibre 0.7.13
ladyloriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Kovids advice covers moving the calibre library.

If you want to copy your user preferences a well these are normally stored in the folder
Code:
 C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\calibre
on Windows 7 where 'username' is the username you log in under. This folder may be hidden by default so that you have to switch on the 'show hidden files'option in Windows Explorer to see it. Copy the folder and its contents.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Kovids advice covers moving the calibre library.

If you want to copy your user preferences a well these are normally stored in the folder
Code:
 C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\calibre
on Windows 7 where 'username' is the username you log in under. This folder may be hidden by default so that you have to switch on the 'show hidden files'option in Windows Explorer to see it. Copy the folder and its contents.
I believe the easy way to grab that folders contents, would be to use the button in the Advanced section of Preferences: Open Calibre configuration Directory. (could we have a longer button label please )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new computer, new laptop