Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
jeaxja
jeaxja began at the beginning.

Device: PB 301+
how to get a libri acsm file as ebook to the pocketbook?

Hello - I'm brand new to ebook reading, just ordered a 301+ and two ebooks.
The ebooks I ordered from libri.de - the only download I get are ascm files that I can open with a downloaded Adobe Digital Edition programm.

But - how the heck I get this to the PocketBook????
jeaxja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaxja View Post
Hello - I'm brand new to ebook reading, just ordered a 301+ and two ebooks.
The ebooks I ordered from libri.de - the only download I get are ascm files that I can open with a downloaded Adobe Digital Edition programm.

But - how the heck I get this to the PocketBook????
Hi, jeaxja:

The ascm files that you see are actually like "tickets" that you present to the Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) program to get your e-books (whether pdf or ePub). So, you can't put them onto the reader directly, you'll have to use ADE.

When you download the ascm file, you should get a notification box to ask you whether you want to save the item or open it with ADE. Choose to open it.

What then downloads is your ePub or PDF e-book. They download (on a Windows PC) to a file within your "My Documents" called "My Digital Editions."

Short version:
1) When you get your PB301, plug it into your PC
2) Open ADE
3) If the PB301 is not already authorized, choose to authorize it (you will get a notification/question text box) from ADE
4) Click & hold, then drag the book to the device (from within ADE)
5) That's it.

NOTE: On the PB360, you have to put ADE DRM books onto the e-reader itself, not the SD card. As they are the same firmware, I should think that'd be the same for a PB301 (PB301 owners, please correct me if I am wrong...TIA).

Hope that helps.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
jeaxja
jeaxja began at the beginning.

Device: PB 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Hi, jeaxja:

Hope that helps.

Marilyn
Thanks Marilyn,

that information was exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers,
Jens
jeaxja is offline   Reply With Quote