Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Exclamation iTunes 9.2 jailbreak warning!

If you have not yet jailbroken your device and have iTunes 9.2 installed already, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JAILBREAK. Your device will go into an infinite boot loop.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...lbreakers.html
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Thanks for the warning! I do not have my iPad JB'd but my iPhone is, but not with spirit. ... But , I'm not updating iTunes anyway, everything is working great for me now, no need to muck it up.......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

yes. and as in the past the upgrade warning is, if you depend on your jailbreak. do not upgrade. 4.0 will be released on monday, it will require itunes 9.2. do not upgrade to either if you want to continue to jailbreak in the future.

iOS 4.0 will be released on 6/21, it will require iTunes 9.2. if you wish to continue to jailbreak DO NOT upgrade iTunes or your device until it is declared safe by the dev-team. follow http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ for more information.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
If you have not yet jailbroken your device and have iTunes 9.2 installed already, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JAILBREAK. Your device will go into an infinite boot loop.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...lbreakers.html

According to the Dev Team from the link provided, there is currently only a problem when using Spirit with 9.2.
Quote:
iTunes 9.2 is not fully compatible with the recent Spirit Jailbreak tool.
Quote:
The iPhone Dev Team has confirmed there are no problems with PwnageTool or RedSn0w with the new iTunes 9.2. So those are you best bet for jailbreaking tools if your already on iTunes 9.2 and need to jailbreak.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books

well. some are reporting problems. some aren't. better to be safe than sorry.
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
scottjl
Reader of Books

some good news. posted to twitter

yep...the final 4.0 next week will be an even later version and is confirmed unlockable (possibly iPhone4 too)

so looks like we might have an unlock sooner rather than later.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #7
aphrodite211
aphrodite211 began at the beginning.

Please answer back!

I have a jb itouch 3g and i updated my itunes ( to 9.2) as well as my itouch software (to ios 4) but on my friends computer. So what if i re-jb on my computer which has an older itunes version 9, would it be a successful jb without complications? PLEASE REPLY!
aphrodite211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 AM   #8
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
You will need to wait until the JB software is updated to work with iTunes 9.2 and OS4.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
scottjl
Reader of Books

questions on jailbreaking really should be directed to http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ that's the best place for information.

when in doubt, do not upgrade. not if you value jailbreaking.