Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 07:38 AM   #1336
j-beda
j-beda began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crochetgeek2010 View Post
Ok maybe am missing it and getting spoiled on my tablet and cell phone, request for H2O and HD pinch and increase and decrease in font size? I am running the latest with no luck. Thanks!
I suspect that the screen just does not have the "multi-touch" ability that is needed for this type of feature. The inexpensive screen just cannot tell when this type of gesture is used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-touch
j-beda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #1337
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Well, firmware 3.15 enabled pinch-to-zoom in PDFs on my Aura H2O. So I would say it's possible, but not implemented yet.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #1338
lotteryticket
lotteryticket began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
I would like to add in a feature request for the backquote character (`) on the software keyboard. It is not available on the device as of version 3.15.0 (4/27/15), and some users need that specific character to enter wifi passwords. I'm assuming it is a simple feature to implement since the software keyboard allows for long tapping on a character to bring up accented letters. Maybe other missing keyboard characters can be adding using this long tap popup method.
lotteryticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #1339
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I'd like to see the pocket client updated to include tags. The android version of the client has advanced considerably, and the kobo client has not changed at all in a long time.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #1340
pakostus
pakostus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi,
It will be cool, if Kobo Touch had a simple calendar / tasks / notes application.

I often take my Kobo with me when I travel and I would like to write my notes, plans, new ideas, even when I'm off-line.
pakostus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2015, 07:14 AM   #1341
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakostus View Post
Hi,
It will be cool, if Kobo Touch had a simple calendar / tasks / notes application.
For a while, I made a special document for that, and just attached annotations to various places in the document. You could do something like make a text calendar and attach notes to days or something.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #1342
pakostus
pakostus began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I made a special document for that, and just attached annotations to various places in the document.
Yes, that is useful. Thanks.

But I would really appreciate a separate app for notes. Kobo already has some apps, like web browser and games, which are technically much more complicated than a simple note-calendar.
Even the shell itself is using sqlite database, so all tools to make the app are already there.

(I've also tried to write my own "app" using HTML, JavaScript and LocalStorage, but that keeps reseting after you close the browser.)
pakostus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #1343
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Need title and author caption below unreadable book cover thumb nail on home page. Should be easy fix because library cover thumb nails have this. Even better have option to not show cover thumb nail on home screen leaving readable title and author as I use on library pages.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #1344
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Scrolling through Kobo library pages using slider displays library page numbers to show location. This is little better than nothing but should display location in alphabetical order to be really helpful. Just first part of Title or Author while moving slider and more to include whole words when you stop moving slider with finger still on slider. This is more intuitive and how fanning through a dictionary or card file works. As the slider works now it is much worst than using paper file index in file cabinet drawer. Saving grace is computer search function is great.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #1345
.Surge
.Surge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I could really use some support for more metadata such as series. At the moment there is no way to find out the order of your books in a series, you have to look it up on the internet or remember it..

In fact, the whole "library" app could use a revamp. It still feels to me as some sort of unfinished beta product with the functionality stripped to the bones. Where is browsing by series, year, author etc.? (I don't mean sorting) Where is a way to customize the display of books (grid, list, xx per page...)? And you could've done a lot more. Library should be your main focus on a device like this, not a store.

If you aim for a "simplistic UI" maybe you could put some sort of easy/"hard" mode switch somewhere in there, but please don't restrict your other users because of it. Pleeease....

Last edited by .Surge; 08-25-2015 at 01:45 PM.
.Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #1346
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Surge View Post
I could really use some support for more metadata such as series. At the moment there is no way to find out the order of your books in a series, you have to look it up on the internet or remember it..
Huh? The Kobo ereaders are the only devices that supports series information. Any books you buy from Kobo will have this. For sideloaded books it is a problem as epub metadata standard does not include series information. But, the calibre driver for the Kobo ereaders can populate the series in the database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #1347
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Additionally if you use calibre, some of us use plugboards to mangle the title to include series info, and also create series specific shelves / collections.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #1348
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
could you please implement a full screen mode in a future firmware, that works perfectly with epub and kepub, so that there is no need for work arounds or patches.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #1349
tndoubleh
tndoubleh began at the beginning.

Kobo touch 3.17.0
I cant setting up the sharpness of font
Please fix it like the official firmware,
At some fonts, I cant see Advance settings
tndoubleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #1350
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tndoubleh View Post
Kobo touch 3.17.0
I cant setting up the sharpness of font
Please fix it like the official firmware,
At some fonts, I cant see Advance settings
Separate font sharpness adjustment has been gone from the official firmware for quite some time now.

Which fonts are you not seeing the Advanced settings for? Are they stock or side-loaded?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote